Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tell the truth, how often do you cook on your egg?

Options

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    3-4 times a week 12 mos a year. It's warm enough here in TX to grill year round.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    At least 2 times a week sometimes 4-5. Wife and 2 daughters.
  • Gonnaneedabiggeregg
    Options
    Only had my Xl for a couple of weeks but cooking almost every night.

South Jersey / XL Egg
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    A couple nights a week.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I would say that I average 3-4 cooks per week year round. I have more time in the Winter so there are a lot of 3-4 cook weekends plus the other week nights. The Winter is when I play around with more low-n-slows just because I'm home more. 

This hobby is definitely adding to my waistline though. 
    :D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • BigGreenvilleEgghead
    Options
    Just got a large two weeks back. Have used it 8 times so far.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    3-4 days per week. I'd cook 5-7 but my wife likes to cook too. She won't use the egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • DRKEgg
    DRKEgg Posts: 37
    Options
    Twice a week for me
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    2-3 nights per week and normally every Saturday and Sunday.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Drigler
    Drigler Posts: 25
    Options
    About 2-3 times per week. Time during the week is at a premium, so I try to double up on the weekends and do something that gives me leftovers during the week.
    XL - Chandler, AZ
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Winter 0-1 Spring 2-3 Summer 4+ Fall 2-3
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

I travel for a living but when I am home it's 5/6 nights a week including in the winter!

Chuck King

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    I cook 3 meals a day 6 days a week. I spend Monday fasting. Okay-- just kidding, I don't spend Monday fasting. No, really, I cook on the egg once or twice a week. If it ever warms up, I'll cook on it more. I have a garage fridge full of beer, and a lot of lump. I'm ready for spring!!
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    3-4 times a week, SWMBO likes to cook also so we share.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Jeronamo
    Jeronamo Posts: 50
    Options
    In the winter about 2-3 times per month and during the spring through fall season about 2-3 times per week.
  • ringkingpin
    ringkingpin Posts: 260
    Options
    I'd guess 2-3 times a week
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    2-4 times a week, depending on weather of course. On weekends, I'll make the whole meal on the egg if it's possible.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • EGGerAllanPoe
    Options
    Probably 2 times a week. Sometimes 3. Probably will happen more often now since the time change. More daylight in the afternoon!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

RTR
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Options
    wow guess I'm a half ass egger.  I probably average once a week or less.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    BREWnQ said:
    wow guess I'm a half ass egger.  I probably average once a week or less.
    You and me both. We could go places, huh?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    With my schedule it's 1-2 times per week.  Now if I could carry it to the ballpark with me I might get a few more in per week but until my kids grow up that's gonna be it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Every night since March 6th, 2012 except for vacations and the few times I've been sick.  I did miss a few nights when SWMBO wanted her special caserole and even then I smoked it for her.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    1 time a week usually on the weekend.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• eddiepro
    eddiepro Posts: 42
    Options
    I am lucky to light up my XL 2-3 times a month. But then again, I'm lucky to even have an egg!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

I'd cook on BGE everyday if I had the time.  Truthfully, I cook on it about once every other week. I really try to make it at least once a week but with kids, work, life, etc., it's difficult to find time.

I will add that during football season, with all of the tailgating we do at college and nfl games, I probably cook on the BGE 2x per week average.  During summer, the BGE gets used at least three nights per week, sometimes as many as five nights per week.  Smoking pork shoulders for 4th of july, making brisket for a pool party, or even pizza on it so that the house doesn't get all heated up from an oven.  just got the paella pan for birthday so I am looking forward to experimenting with that.  next on my list is the deep dish pizza stone!

everytime I fire one or both of them up, something new is discovered about their capabilities.

• Hossch73
    Hossch73 Posts: 2
    Options
    Easily 3 nights a week... and over the holiday periods (4th of July, Labor Day) its multiple meals all day long.. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Aquacop said:
    3-4 times a week, SWMBO likes to cook also so we share.

Well, mine likes to cook, but I made the mistake of showing her that "Flashback" movie on the Naked Whiz' web site.  :-O

For the first month (We just got the Egg in March), she had to be coaxed and shamed to even go near the danged thing.  Even now, when she burps the Egg, she's so tentative, she looks like she's approaching a vial of nuclear urine or something equally dangerous.

(I assume that nuclear urine is dangerous.)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• double_ds
    double_ds Posts: 39
    Options
    My wife won't use it, so the only time I don't use it is when she wants to cook or if we eat out.  eating out never lives up anymore though.  especially getting a steak.
  • Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Hello grege435 I have a Big green egg, I don`t want a ferrari.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Average 4 to 5 times per week depends on leftovers and travels.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx