Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tornadoes

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
Last year we had a charity drive raising $4000 for Operation Bbq Relief. In light of the damage and need the folks from OBR are currently deployed helping feed those in need. I'm not organizing a drive but wanted to let you know where you can help...

http://volunteerobr.com/obr-donations/

Folks are in need of food and OBR helps fill that need. My wife's cousin and family in Fayetteville TN lost their home last night and 2 people were killed directly behind their home. I believe we're blessed to be a blessing and as foodies this is something we can relate to.

Take a minute to donate what you can. OBR is a strictly volunteer charity run by 3 bbq restaurant owners. They have a great history of helping people in need.

Thanks

Henapple
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 6,787
    Thanks for the reminder, bumped.

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 265

I see they're in Mayflower right now - much appreciated.  Mayflower and Vilonia both were hit hard.  Vilonia had been hit three years ago too, and it's not a big town.  They hadn't completely finished rebuilding the school and the new one got hit.

Glad to see the help out there.

·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    On it.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,312
    A friend of mine's parents lived (they're home was destroyed as well) across the street from the people who were killed. Terrible. Thanks for posting. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·