Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire Craft Order!!!

Options
Im getting ready to place a order for some Rockwood lump and just water to see if anyone knows of any coupon codes other than the free shipping on $100 +.

I hope there is a 10% off somewhere out there.

Thanks everyone.
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OK well I'm guessing there are not any coupon codes out there. 

Next question

How many bags of Rock Wood should I order to get the best packaging so my bags don't get trashed by FedEx? Last time I ordered I got 10 bags of Ozark Oak and they came in a nice big box and looked to be in great shape. I have not ordered the Rock Wood and I know its a bigger bag.

I would like to get at least 6 bags maybe more.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I ordered 5 bags for the first order. Three came in one box and the other two came in another one. 

They were in great shape. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Jeff, we did a NC group buy on Rockwood back in the fall @HighWay‌ arranged everything for CLT delivery. Maybe he can fill in some details for you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Jeffroe189
    Options
    Jeff, we did a NC group buy on Rockwood back in the fall @HighWay‌ arranged everything for CLT delivery. Maybe he can fill in some details for you.
    I have talked to Rock Wood about another group buy. It just seems to be a little more work than I really want to get into right now. I would however like to know if one around here happens again. I would definitely be interested in participating. 
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    Just ordered 10 bags!!!