Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First grilling of the season

Options
Happy spring!!! Down to little patches of snow.

Been meaning to grill for weeks. Tonight I finally got it together. London Broil and veggies. And Joe Bear looking out for scraps.

Comments

• Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Options
    I don't think Joe is looking for scraps, maybe an orthadontist :) The London Broil looks fantastic!
    Southern Indiana
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looks great! I've never tried to make a London Broil. Need to take a shot at one sometime. What was your technique on that?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited April 2014
    Options
    First, great looking dinner.  However, I don't think you get Egging... There is NO "grilling season".  Egg Season is year-round.  I, on more than one occasion in a 2 week period during the mid-Atlantic "snowmagedon",  was egging steaks and burgers.  Snow around my egg was literally 4ft deep.  And I was not grilling because I lost power-because I never did... I did it for that great smokey flavor.
  • bearcat
    bearcat Posts: 41
    Options
    I marinated the steak in a little wine, garlic, salt and pepper. I am a little wimpy about getting the egg too hot still. So I grilled it at 4-500 for about 8 minutes on each side. It could have run a little longer/hotter but pretty good rare medium rare.

As for winter egging the ice got away from me and at some point I conceded defeat. We had a tons of ice as well as snow this winter. A very very long winter. Happy to be back at it finally.
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    There's a season?
    Kemah, TX
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    I was going to say. No off season for egging
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    jllbms said:
    There's a season?

November to March is "egging in long pants" season.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    In Michigan. October to April is egging a coat.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI