Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Texas Eggfest 2014 Slide Show

HotchHotch Posts: 1,483

While we were not able cook this year I did manage to walk around and take a few pictures. Shelly (aka Honey) stayed behind the tables to help out wherever she could. We had a great time with the Popsicles, Spring Chicken and Spring Hen, VI, Austin Egghead, EggObsessed and NoJokeSmoke.. The crew from Paragon and BBQ Outfitters Austin, you guys knocked it out of the park..

Bruce, Kelly thanks so much for opening up your home and hosting the after party. I hope the cleaning crew made short work of it after we left. Below is the link to the slide show, I hope you enjoy. We will be cooking a next year.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/hotchvb/slideshow/Texas%20Eggfest%202014

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·

Comments

• EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 434
    We had a blast at the Eggfest, @Hotch, and sure enjoyed our time with you and Shelly!  Thanks so much for sharing the delicious sausages also.  Can't wait to smoke the brisket sausages soon!  They are so unique and delicious.  Great texture and flavor!!  See y'all in GA
    Kelley 
    Egging with NoJokeSmoke (Bruce) in SW Austin, Texas
    BGEs: XL, Medium and Mini
    ·
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Wow that looks like a lot of fun! I am new to Egging but looking forward to my first Eggfest. The 
    one I am going to is in North Royalton Ohio.
    sumpter township Mi.
    ·
  • krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
    Looks like fun. I wanna know what the bacon is dusted with on slide number 23.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,483

@krobertsmsn Good call. That I believe would be the Candied Bacon from @Spring Chicken. I am sure he will be happy to share. And yes we had a blast.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

Prosper TX

·
    @Spring Chicken OOPs, url busted.

Prosper TX

·
    @Spring Chicken

Prosper TX

·