Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo Butt fail?

SpartanPrideSpartanPride Posts: 153
First turbo butt today. Rubbed in mustard and Byron's, threw on indirect at 350 until it hit 195. FTC for about an hour. Pulled it and a whole side of bark came right off. It was really hard. Is this normal or did info something wrong?? The meat was pretty good. A little dry but I'm thinking it's because it was only. 4.5# (biggest they had).
image.jpg 2.6M
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,848
    sounds like it was a thick fat cap that fell off to me.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,442
    @RRP +1
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,006
    +1..And it is for the cook to eat :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    edited April 2014
    I have tried the turbo butts and ribs and find both to be pretty average at best.  Call me old school or whatever, but if I don't have time for a low and slow, I grill something.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·