Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Injection disappointment

KruegsKruegs Posts: 124
I have done quite a few briskets with varying degrees of success. I thought I finally had things figured out to a point where I was pleased, so I naturally tried to get to that next level. I've read a lot about people injecting their briskets and decided to give it a go. I made my injection with the following...brown sugar, salt, apple cider, apple cider vinegar and worcestershire sauce. I injected about 3 cups into the meat. I didn't notice much (if any) change in flavor and found that there was a lot of discoloration around my injection points. I don't think it added any moisture either? Barring some advice as to where I went wrong I think I'll be foregoing this messy and burdensome step in the future. I hate to give up since there must be something to it with all these professional BBQ teams swearing by injections...right now I'm just swearing at injections! Thoughts?
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments