Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Injection disappointment

KruegsKruegs Posts: 124
I have done quite a few briskets with varying degrees of success. I thought I finally had things figured out to a point where I was pleased, so I naturally tried to get to that next level. I've read a lot about people injecting their briskets and decided to give it a go. I made my injection with the following...brown sugar, salt, apple cider, apple cider vinegar and worcestershire sauce. I injected about 3 cups into the meat. I didn't notice much (if any) change in flavor and found that there was a lot of discoloration around my injection points. I don't think it added any moisture either? Barring some advice as to where I went wrong I think I'll be foregoing this messy and burdensome step in the future. I hate to give up since there must be something to it with all these professional BBQ teams swearing by injections...right now I'm just swearing at injections! Thoughts?
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments