Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SS prep table conversion idea

Options
Here's the table I'm thinking of using for my LBGE. It is a prep table from a Pizza Hut we used to service. Heavy duty table with no frills. The hole to the left is for the catch pan during prep work. About all I need is buddy with plasma torch for precision cuts, a couple of structural SS welds and also want a SS tube welded in so I can dawn a large beach umbrella if needed. Oh and the existing casters are ok but, would likely replace them for something more heavy duty and smoother rolling. Would also need a cover I think. Right now I'm just kicking this idea around. So, what say you? Thoughts, suggestions?image
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    Looks good to me. All you need is a nice 24x48 end-grain cutting board, and you're golden! :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I would add the casters and keep my Larges in the Nests with Handlers. Nice prep table.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @Mickey‌...really I've got my LBGE in a nest but, love SS and this table is calling my name. Why do you say the nest vs this table? Besides maneuverability.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey‌...really I've got my LBGE in a nest but, love SS and this table is calling my name. Why do you say the nest vs this table? Besides maneuverability.

Not besides maneuverability, 100% for maneuverability. That table is so much better than mine. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Just to be sure you understand what I am saying. You got to get/use that table. My thoughts is just don't put an Egg in it.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Do it. Especially with all these Armageddon pictures of tables burning down.
    Dunedin, FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Mickey‌ this is a table I've been using at work for close to a year. It is not "mine" yet. But, will be asking the boss man this week if he'd part with it. We have 3 of them like this but this is the most maneuverable one as the others are much larger than I would ever want. I have measured and it works for our application purposes. But, like I said I'm just kicking the idea around. thanks for your input ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JenniferEgger
    Options
    This turned out awesome!

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @JenniferEgger‌ thank you. :-). I'm happy with the end result on the table.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014