Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cypress Table - Wood From an Old Cistern

Just getting around to posting this.  Built the table in January 2014. Mortise by hand... never again!  Borrowed a Craig Jig so no screws would show.  I want to add a drawer or something to put things in, also need a place to put hot items on.  The build took a couple of weeks working in the evenings but I really enjoyed it. 

1.JPG 558.3K
2.JPG 570.1K
3.JPG 724.5K
4.JPG 490.5K
5.JPG 697.1K
6.JPG 619.5K
7.JPG 655.4K
8.JPG 595.1K
10.JPG 563.8K
11.JPG 571K
12.JPG 555.5K
13.JPG 456.9K
15.JPG 564.3K
16.JPG 528.3K
17.JPG 472.6K
19.JPG 517.8K
20.JPG 587K
22.JPG 603.8K
23.JPG 614.2K
24.JPG 583.8K
25.JPG 648.2K
28.JPG 551.3K
30.JPG 560.4K
31.JPG 556.5K
32.JPG 651.4K
34.JPG 529.7K
36.JPG 615.8K
37.JPG 500.4K
38.JPG 530.8K
39.JPG 562.9K
·

Comments

• tkleagertkleager Posts: 535
    Beautiful table!  Love the picture of your little guy standing in the hole.  I keep trying to get one of my little guy in my egg cart, but he runs every time I bust out the camera.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    That's exactly what I want. Good work.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking table. Do you have anything under the egg to deflect the heat off the table? Paver or something similar?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • LegedoujLegedouj Posts: 24
    tulocay said:
    Great looking table. Do you have anything under the egg to deflect the heat off the table? Paver or something similar?
    Thanks! No, don't need anything with the BGE Table Nest.  It lifts the egg 2 3/8" off the table which is way better than any stone.  They are roughly $30.
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good to know. Thanks
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,490
    Beautiful!!!

Did you drawbore the mortise and tenons?
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093

Beautiful!!!

I have no idea what that means...

Nice table!
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,400
    That is beyond beautiful..and so much character.. Love your kids in the pics..Awesome well done.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
  • That is top notch craftsmanship and beautiful!

Lg Egg - Asheville, NC
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,210
    Nicely done! I imagine many man hours went into this. Great payoff though.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 949
    Very nice looking table. I would keep an eye out for how much heat is coming from the bottom of the egg. You may want to put a stone under it just to keep your table finish from getting screwed up.
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 805
    The air space below the egg created by the table nest is sufficient and should insulate better than a stone.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,490
    I would suggest that you keep an eye on how hot your table top gets around the cutout for the egg. Looks like a pretty tight fit and it would be a shame for this to happen...

Lit's table. Similar spacing.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 949
    jhl192 said:

The air space below the egg created by the table nest is sufficient and should insulate better than a stone.

Sorry! I meant in addition to the nest. Just put you hand under there after she's been working for a while and see how hot it gets. If you don't need it ya don't need it.
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
    Beautiful!!!

Yes It is draw bore. I couldn't believe how strong the joints came out.

·
    I would suggest that you keep an eye on how hot your table top gets around the cutout for the egg. Looks like a pretty tight fit and it would be a shame for this to happen...

Lit's table. Similar spacing.

Wow!!! I would be devastated. That could easily burn down a house.
    ·
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.
    ·
  • Excellent, quite the score on the Cypress. Also a beautiful family, lucky Man. 
    ·
  • OspreydogOspreydog Posts: 90
    Wow, very impressive.
    ·
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 371
    Ditto on the caution about the wood.
    004.JPG 2M
    Long Beach, MS
    ·