Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked fire ring question.

Options
Bought my Egg in Alabama in 2009. Just noticed my fire ring has now cracked in half as well as the fire grate.  The problem is that I live in Ohio now.  I did send my little card in years ago.  Who should I contact for replacement?  A dealer here in Ohio?  Can't remember the place in Alabama for the life of me.
Thank You

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    You SHOULD be able to walk into any authorized dealership and THEY should be able to take care of your problems. If NOT then report back here for more help. OK?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    Thank You RRP!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I'd email BGE customer service and explain to them. Once they verify your warranty status they will ask you where you would like to pick up your parts. So find a local dealer close to you that orders in parts frequently.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I filed a claim on a fire ring yesterday. I first called and Bruce told me to email pics and the dealer I bought it from. I emailed pics of the invoice and broken ring. Bruce said he would send me an approval code I could take to the dealer and have them replace it. (On thier next shipment)
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Keep using the old cracked on and put the new one in the garage. It will more than likely last several more years just fine.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I'm still using my original cracked-into-four-pieces firebox of 13 years.  The replacement is still in the garage after about 12 years.  Once you relieve the stress by cracking and/or breaking into pieces, things will stabilize. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    What's the use in having a great life-time warranty if you simply continue to use broken parts?  Replace, and replace again if you need.   Hoarding Egg parts in your garage, this seems to be yet another Egg condition that some suffer from around here.  LOL 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Hey, it's ready when it's needed.  I'll probably leave it to my son in my will.
    The Naked Whiz