Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked London Broil

Options
JJRod305
JJRod305 Posts: 5

I decided to try a London Broil, but done with indirect heat, not grilled.  It was simple and terrific.  Here is how I did it:

1.  Rubbed the meat (2 pieces of 3 pounds each) with olive oil and Sazon Completa de Badia (a cuban dry spice).  I did not have time to marinate overnight, although I may try that next time.

2.  Fired up the BGE, and mixed in apple wood chunks as well as chips (to create smoke).  Used the plate setter for indirect heating rather than grilling.

3.  Cooked at an average temp of 275 degrees for 1 hour and 30 mins (30 mins per pound).  Removed the meat when internal temp was 130 degrees.  Next time I may try a lower temperature, so I can cook it longer.

4.  Wrapped in tin foil and let sit for 30 mins.  Sliced across the grain and thinly as possible.

It was delicious.  Tasted like a smoked brisket, but the meat was more tender.  An easy alternative to brisket.

Good Luck!

Comments