Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My SBGE Weekend Adventure - 2nd Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    bud812 said:

cazzy said:

Ktim said:

Awesome! I am kinda new here but I always love your posts.

Thanks!  I guess they're okay when i'm not stirring up trouble.   :P

And that's not very often.  :-\"

b-(
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Most In-Laws are more interested in seeing their Daughter and the Grandkids.  I have a feeling that in the case of your In-Laws...they are thrilled to see you too!!  Nice work!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • cazzy
    Options
    jhl192 said:
    Most In-Laws are more interested in seeing their Daughter and the Grandkids.  I have a feeling that in the case of your In-Laws...they are thrilled to see you too!!  Nice work!  
    Yeah, they love when I come over...especially my mother in-law because she gets to rest!  After this weekend, they said it felt like they were on a cruise.  

I love it though...I honestly love my in-laws like they're my own parents.  They're everything that the bad in-laws aren't.  They're loving.  They're supportive.  They're not judgemental.  They don't mettle.  They're role models.  I could go on and on...definitely have profound love for both of them.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    I am so not worthy. Nicely done!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Egglegal_Alien
    Egglegal_Alien Posts: 113
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Wow @cazzy ! Well done! (hmmm, I mean... medium rare!)
    XL BGE + Large BGE @ Monterrey, Mexico
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    What a great bunch of cooks and a fun weekend I am sure. than egg never could have gotten cold! 

I wish I had your in-laws!  Mine could care less about food - want steaks well done, don't eat vegetables, would be happy with Manwich and some Kraft Mac n cheese, or going out to Bob Evans.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @Cazzy, loved this post. You did an awesome job. Family time is awesome, and it sounds like you all had a great time. Great meals and pics from you again. Well done.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Great job Cazzy! No offense to your wife but if you're going to cook like that your son is going to have to wear a shirt that says he is Your #1 fan. :-bd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Dude! Killer pics and even better eats! My SBGE is jealous!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Looks like a great time, nice cooks.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • CheeseheadInMN
    Options
    That all looks fantastic.  If a SBGE can do all of this all I keep thinking is my next will have to be the Mini Max.
    Lakeville, MN - LBGE (August 2013)

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
  • cazzy
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Great job Cazzy! No offense to your wife but if you're going to cook like that your son is going to have to wear a shirt that says he is Your #1 fan. :-bd
    LMAO.  That took longer than I expected.  The boy is like his pops...a momma's boy through and through.  In his perspective....the shirt is very accurate.  lol
  • cazzy
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That all looks fantastic.  If a SBGE can do all of this all I keep thinking is my next will have to be the Mini Max.
    The small worked it's butt off, but it needed help from the gasser.  Too much food to handle by itself.

WTH man...Cheesehead in MN?   b-(   \m/   :P
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very impressive Cazzy. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your in-laws. That really makes life a lot better and easier. 

^:)^ Very, very, very, impressive cook!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That's a great picture story! Terrific!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    cazzy said:
    The small worked it's butt off, but it needed help from the gasser.  Too much food to handle by itself.

WTH man...Cheesehead in MN?   b-(   \m/   :P
    Don't be mean. At least he had a little while to wear a Favre jersey in MN without reservation.
  • CheeseheadInMN
    Options
    No worries, I just live here.
    Lakeville, MN - LBGE (August 2013)

• cazzy
    Options

Wow! Awesome photo's and cooks look great.  Now that's how to do a weekend.  Good luck with the house.

Thanks man! Went to walk it today...progress!!! Last week...it was just framed. :D

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Okay all the adjectives have been used up...That is one heck of a post..I hope I grow up to be like you..Thanks you made my evening...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • cazzy
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Okay all the adjectives have been used up...That is one heck of a post..I hope I grow up to be like you..Thanks you made my evening...
    Grow up?  Are we allowing teens on the board again?   I just turned 23.   :)

Thanks man!  Appreciate the compliment!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Man, you seriously raise the bar when traveling with the small. I need to step up my "away" game.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I have definitly been under utilizing my Small - awesome cooks!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe