Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First lamb attempt a success

Options
At the request of my grandmother I nervously dipped my toe in the lamb waters for easter. I've never cooked lamb at all, never mind on the Egg, so I had some trepidation. I coated it in EVOO, garlic, rosemary, thyme and S&P.  Also shoved some of the mixture into some slits in a boneless leg. Indirect at 350 or so until 145. Came out great, cooked a chicken as well as an insurance policy. 
LBGE, CGW Swing Rack, Baking Steel. Mini-Max on the way. 

Boston MA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sounds like a solid cook. Glad you was able to nail it for your grandmother. Well done my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Bravo!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    That is a great basic treatment for lamb. Keep it up. Lots of great ways to do lamb. Stuffed boneless leg of lamb can be spectacular.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    With no pics to go by I'll take your word that you nailed it :-). Although pics would be nice. I've personally never tried lamb on the egg but, it's on my egg bucket list ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Martello_Penne
    Martello_Penne Posts: 42
    edited April 2014
    Options

LBGE, CGW Swing Rack, Baking Steel. Mini-Max on the way. 

Boston MA