Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My SBGE Weekend Adventure - 2nd Edition

2»

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    bud812 said:

cazzy said:

Ktim said:

Awesome! I am kinda new here but I always love your posts.

Thanks!  I guess they're okay when i'm not stirring up trouble.   :P

And that's not very often.  :-\"

b-(
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 998
    Most In-Laws are more interested in seeing their Daughter and the Grandkids.  I have a feeling that in the case of your In-Laws...they are thrilled to see you too!!  Nice work!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
    jhl192 said:
    Most In-Laws are more interested in seeing their Daughter and the Grandkids.  I have a feeling that in the case of your In-Laws...they are thrilled to see you too!!  Nice work!  
    Yeah, they love when I come over...especially my mother in-law because she gets to rest!  After this weekend, they said it felt like they were on a cruise.  

I love it though...I honestly love my in-laws like they're my own parents.  They're everything that the bad in-laws aren't.  They're loving.  They're supportive.  They're not judgemental.  They don't mettle.  They're role models.  I could go on and on...definitely have profound love for both of them.  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 4,256
    I am so not worthy. Nicely done!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • Egglegal_AlienEgglegal_Alien Posts: 113
    edited April 2014
    Wow @cazzy ! Well done! (hmmm, I mean... medium rare!)
    XL BGE + Large BGE @ Monterrey, Mexico
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,658
    What a great bunch of cooks and a fun weekend I am sure. than egg never could have gotten cold! 

I wish I had your in-laws!  Mine could care less about food - want steaks well done, don't eat vegetables, would be happy with Manwich and some Kraft Mac n cheese, or going out to Bob Evans.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,014
    @Cazzy, loved this post. You did an awesome job. Family time is awesome, and it sounds like you all had a great time. Great meals and pics from you again. Well done.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Great job Cazzy! No offense to your wife but if you're going to cook like that your son is going to have to wear a shirt that says he is Your #1 fan. :-bd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    Dude! Killer pics and even better eats! My SBGE is jealous!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 3,027
    Looks like a great time, nice cooks.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014
    Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • That all looks fantastic.  If a SBGE can do all of this all I keep thinking is my next will have to be the Mini Max.
    Lakeville, MN - LBGE (August 2013)

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,041
    Awesome! B-)
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Great job Cazzy! No offense to your wife but if you're going to cook like that your son is going to have to wear a shirt that says he is Your #1 fan. :-bd
    LMAO.  That took longer than I expected.  The boy is like his pops...a momma's boy through and through.  In his perspective....the shirt is very accurate.  lol
    edited April 2014
    That all looks fantastic.  If a SBGE can do all of this all I keep thinking is my next will have to be the Mini Max.
    The small worked it's butt off, but it needed help from the gasser.  Too much food to handle by itself.

WTH man...Cheesehead in MN?   b-(   \m/   :P
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 4,514
    Very impressive Cazzy. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your in-laws. That really makes life a lot better and easier. 

^:)^ Very, very, very, impressive cook!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • That's a great picture story! Terrific!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,565
    cazzy said:
    That all looks fantastic.  If a SBGE can do all of this all I keep thinking is my next will have to be the Mini Max.
    The small worked it's butt off, but it needed help from the gasser.  Too much food to handle by itself.

WTH man...Cheesehead in MN?   b-(   \m/   :P
    Don't be mean. At least he had a little while to wear a Favre jersey in MN without reservation.
  • No worries, I just live here.
    Lakeville, MN - LBGE (August 2013)

Wow! Awesome photo's and cooks look great.  Now that's how to do a weekend.  Good luck with the house.

Thanks man! Went to walk it today...progress!!! Last week...it was just framed. :D

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,078
    Okay all the adjectives have been used up...That is one heck of a post..I hope I grow up to be like you..Thanks you made my evening...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
    edited April 2014
    Okay all the adjectives have been used up...That is one heck of a post..I hope I grow up to be like you..Thanks you made my evening...
    Grow up?  Are we allowing teens on the board again?   I just turned 23.   :)

Thanks man!  Appreciate the compliment!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,542
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,852
    Man, you seriously raise the bar when traveling with the small. I need to step up my "away" game.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • I have definitly been under utilizing my Small - awesome cooks!
    NW IA