Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wonton Tacos and Moink Balls

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
We had two couples over for dinner and I was in charge of appetizers. I did wonton tacos (a great idea I got from Salado) and Moink Balls.

The wonton tacos were super easy: I put wonton wrappers in a greased (Pam) cupcake tin,maddened cooked seasoned ground meat, re fried beans and salsa. I put in Egg indirect at 350 until the corners started to brown and crisped up. Removed and added cheese mix, sour cream and cilantro.

For the Moink Balls I basically followed the recipe from Nibble Me This.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 846.7K
image.jpg 832.8K
image.jpg 972.8K
image.jpg 927.9K
image.jpg 858.2K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Those wonton thingies look great...nice work
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,974
    i need to move closer to you. These look farkin good! Did you end up prebaking the wontons?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @caliking I ended up just throwing them in doing without pre cooking. Worked fine.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    Supper at your house please. Got to try the wontons.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Dude!! I want those wonton tacos right now. Looks great!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    Beautiful! Nice cook.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

·
  • gmacgmac Posts: 565
    Wonton tacos are definitely going into the rotation.  Those look great.  I keep trying to lose weight and all you people keep coming up with even better things to eat.  I give up!
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,412
    Looks delicious! I love finger food cooks on the BGE. Looks right up my alley .
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Job well done! 

We've actually fried up wontons into a mini-taco shell before like this.

While they were great that way-very crispy- it sure was a time consuming pain in the rear.  I like your way better!
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,579
    Very nice!  That is a really cool trick with the wontons.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @NibbleMeThis - love your food photography, I need to step up my game.
    ·