Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wonton Tacos and Moink Balls

We had two couples over for dinner and I was in charge of appetizers. I did wonton tacos (a great idea I got from Salado) and Moink Balls.

The wonton tacos were super easy: I put wonton wrappers in a greased (Pam) cupcake tin,maddened cooked seasoned ground meat, re fried beans and salsa. I put in Egg indirect at 350 until the corners started to brown and crisped up. Removed and added cheese mix, sour cream and cilantro.

For the Moink Balls I basically followed the recipe from Nibble Me This.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 846.7K
image.jpg 832.8K
image.jpg 972.8K
image.jpg 927.9K
image.jpg 858.2K

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,933
    Those wonton thingies look great...nice work
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,314
    i need to move closer to you. These look farkin good! Did you end up prebaking the wontons?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,174
    @caliking I ended up just throwing them in doing without pre cooking. Worked fine.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,598
    Supper at your house please. Got to try the wontons.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Dude!! I want those wonton tacos right now. Looks great!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• chashanschashans Posts: 418
    Beautiful! Nice cook.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• gmacgmac Posts: 586
    Wonton tacos are definitely going into the rotation.  Those look great.  I keep trying to lose weight and all you people keep coming up with even better things to eat.  I give up!
    Mt Elgin Ontario
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,984
    Looks delicious! I love finger food cooks on the BGE. Looks right up my alley .
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    Job well done! 

We've actually fried up wontons into a mini-taco shell before like this.

While they were great that way-very crispy- it sure was a time consuming pain in the rear.  I like your way better!
    Knoxville, TN
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,546
    Very nice!  That is a really cool trick with the wontons.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,174
    @NibbleMeThis - love your food photography, I need to step up my game.