Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Sausage, WOW!!

Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564

This past Friday night my neighbor, behind me, threw a birthday party for another neighbor. We had a lot of food and alcohol. Donator ribs, stuffed pork tenderloin, and many different kinds of sausages.

The one that stood above all was a "Brisket" sausage. This may be the best sausage I have ever had. I went to the butcher on Saturday and got more. This time we got the hot brisket sausage. Another home run.

If you ever get a chance to visit Matador Meat and Wine and Frisco TX, do not pass it up.

^:)^
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    @Hotch:  Are you bringing any to Austin?  I'm very curious about it.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    I can if you have time on the Large or Mini. We will not be cooks this time. Let me know how much you want me to bring.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    that sounds like good stuff. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I go shopping. I miss the hot links from when we lived in Chicago.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited April 2014
    the words hot, brisket, and sausage sound perfect together. 

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Brisket sausage?! That sounds like a dream come true!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggObsessed
    @Hotch:  Let me talk to Bruce.  I forgot y'all aren't cooking this time around.  I'm not sure we'll have space to do anything additional.  I'll let you know.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    @EggObsessed Even if it is just for the cooks to try, about 2-3 lbs of each I am thinking. Hot and Not. If not, maybe someone else may have room.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch said:
    @EggObsessed Even if it is just for the cooks to try, about 2-3 lbs of each I am thinking. Hot and Not. If not, maybe someone else may have room.
    @Hotch, you're batting 1.000 today. Along with the maple bacon jam, brisket sausage is something else I've now put on my to do list! 

Now that you're a roll keep going!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited April 2014
    @EggObsessed‌...Sadly my last brisky turned out subpar. Next brisky I'm 4 sure using your brisky chili recipe on the left overs. I was upset not to do it last time. Especially with EVERYBODY'S rave reviews. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggObsessed
    @Hotch:  Yes, 2-3 lbs for the cooks sounds wonderful!  I just realized we can fit it on alongside the duck as it's smoking over pecan.  Would that be okay?  Should I bring any condiments for it?
    Kelley 
  • Hotch

@EggObsessed Great, I think a great mustard and a good sweet BBQ sauce will work. (Stubbs?)

And thankyou to you and Bruce.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    @Hotch:  You bet!  I'll look for some good mustard and bbq sauce.  I'm a mustard addict!!  Also, are y'all coming in on Friday?  If so, I'm about to post an open invitation on the other forum inviting people over after the Meet and Greet.  We live a few miles closer to Austin on the same road as Camp Ben McCulloch.
    Kelley 
  • Hotch
    @EggObsessed Shelly has a Friday night shindig so we will be driving down early Saturday morning. (5:00am) See you guys this weekend. We will bring some chairs.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    @Hotch:  Sounds great!  Y'all have a safe trip.
    Kelley