Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheesesteak Bites with Blue Cheese and Wine Sauce

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053

I think these might be on the menu at the GA Mountain Eggfest.  Came up with the cheese sauce while back when I made THESE CALZONES.... the sauce is really good.  Tonight, I decided to experiment a little and use Pillsbury Biscuits in lieu of pizza dough for Cheesesteak "Bites". 

Started by sautéing some diced Onions and Mushrooms with a little Truffled Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper.image

Then sautéed some Carne Picada and added the Mushroom and Onions back to the mix.

The Carne Picada also got seasoned with Truffled Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper.

Spooned the mixture onto Pillsbury Biscuits along with some of the Blue Cheese and Wine Sauce, then pinched them shut.

Then set the egg indirect at 425 deg f dome temp with the pizza stone set in place.  I did two batches.  I liked the texture of the first batch, when I brushed some eggwash on top.  They only take 12 minutes give or take.  Sprinkled on some more Truffled Sea Salt to finish and served with more cheese sauce on the side.  Ahhhhhmazing!  :D

Comments