Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped tots and a picnic shoulder

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Just finished up the bacon wrapped tots. Picnic shoulder just went on. Not sure who posted the bacon wrapped tots, but amazing! Oh and my diet is blown...
imageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• DMW
    Options
    And now its fire pit time.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • JenGang
    JenGang Posts: 91
    Options
    That was me!  Glad you liked them!  I almost made more of them tonight but I was too lazy to wait for my bacon to thaw.  I wisely put it in the freezer the other day after making them so I wouldn't be tempted to use the entire pound all at once.  :)

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @DNW
    I been dying to try those tots since she posted them. My first day home I'm making them! Mighty fine looking shoulder you got laying on the grid. I would say good luck brother but I have a feeling that you don't need luck you have it more than covered. Enjoy my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    Going old school on the shoulder, no controller or Maverick. Checked the temp about 2AM and it was 225* dome. This morning it had dropped to 185*, a quick adjustment and its back where I want it. The goal is to finish it and FTC just before I head to the airport to pick up my wife and kids. Its been a long 10 days. Now to do some laundry and clean up the house.imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    Looking good brother!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    How about those tots. That was a heck of a good idea that lady posted I thought.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH The tots were amazing. Here's a pic I took of this little piece of awesome. I cleaned up all 12 by myself.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I have been dying to get home and try them since she posted that recipe. Yours look incredible!!

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    Just pulled it after about 19 hours. And also how much lump was left. Mix of Royal Oak and some leftover Fogo. FTC and I'm heading to the airport as soon as this posts.imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Looks great! How large was that shoulder?
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • DMW
    Options
    @GeorgeS Thanks, that was 9.5lbs I think.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    The shoulder looks perfect brother . If it's as good as it looks you are in for a real treat!! Enjoy my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I hate you. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings