Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mixed grill

Options
jkingrph
jkingrph Posts: 3

I had my son and his family over for this Easter weekend and put the BGE through it's paces.  Friday night we did some thick rib eyes, good.    Got up Saturday morning, and  replenished the charcoal and put on a boston butt, about 8 lbs, along with a brisket of a similar weight.   The night before I applied a rub with a slightly modified recipie I found on one of the forums.   Got the BGE going and kept the brisket and butt on for a little over 11 hours at about 225-230 degrees .    I used a large aluminum cake pan that just fits in the plate setter and filled with water .    Meat came out perfect, with a good color ring on the brisket. 

My son was impressed, and said it was better than that we have been buying from a local BBQ place for over 30 years now.  He really liked the flavor of the rub.

Comments