Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter stuffed pork loin - 1st attempt (pic heavy)

Happy Easter everyone.

My first attempt at a stuffed pork loin.  Started w/ 7.5lb pork loin from GFS.  I cut off the end, about six inches, because it was just too long and the end was really thin.  Cut, the loin is 18" long so it should just fit in my large BGE.  I figure i'll save the stub for a couple of small pork chops later in the week.  Spiral cut the pork, seasoned w/ salt & pepper and light dusting of BBBR.  Layered down prosciuitto, baby spinach (hit w/ a little olive oil), minced garlic, diced sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella.  Rolled her up, scored fat layer, seasoned heavily w/ custom rub, and tied her up.  She's sitting in the fridge and about to throw her on at about noon.  I'm thinking about 300 degrees, indirect, with some apple chips for smoke.  I'll probably cook until about 160 and then pull.  I'm thinking maybe two hours or less.  Did I miss anything?  Not sure about doing a roasted garlic, red wine reduction, finishing sauce.  Think it will need it?
South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)

Comments