Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Saturday

Options
Did some pizza on the egg today and had a ball.  My method has changed a bit over time but I seemed to have found what works for us.  I get the fire going in the XL and put the platesetter in with the legs up.  Then I put the standard grid.  On top of the grid I put 3 fire bricks on edge in a triangle pattern.  I put my pizza stone on top of the fire bricks.  This gets the stone up nice and high within the dome.  then I close her up and bring the temp to about 600 or so (last time I tried 750 and my crust burned before my toppings were done). 

While the egg heats up I get my pizza ready. I have been buying dough from my local pizza place.  I live in NY and they have great dough. I now put a little flour on a board and stretch out my dough a bit.  Getting it coated well with flour. I apply corn meal to my pizza peel and put the dough down and apply toppings. 

I keep my egg at temp (600 or so) for about an hour to get everything toasty.  Now I put the pizza on the stone and baked for 12 minutes.  Took a peak and this is how it looked.

Gave it another two minutes and I was really happy with how it came out.  Served the first one and put the second one on.  14 minutes later pie number two was ready to be devoured. 

Pizzas are so much fun to make and even more fun to eat.  Enjoy!
Rich
Long Island, NY

Comments