Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Easter My Friends

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Just wanted to take a minute to wish all my forum friends a Happy Easter. I hope all of you are safe and happy and enjoying time with your loved ones. Thanks for welcoming me into this cooking family. It has been my honor to be accepted among all you great people. May the Good Lord Bless each and every one of you. Happy Easter my friends.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Happy Easter to you Sir. Tomorrow the grandkids will be tearing my house apart looking for bunny eggs and tonight it is hard to hear yourself think as the local Sikh community (and others) is celebrating Vaisakhi. Too many samosas….Good night!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Happy Easter and well said! This forum is a wonderful resource with great folks.

Happy Easter to everyone here and your families. 
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • SGH
    Options
    @jfm0830‌
    Thank you sir.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Happy Easter to you. I enjoy reading your threads and find them very helpful. Have a great day.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Happy Easter!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    Thank you sir. I'm certainly proud that some one enjoys them.

Status- Standing by.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Happy Easter @SGH... I assume you're still out in the Gulf somewhere, and would prefer to be home with your family, hope you and they enjoy the day.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Yes sir I'm sill out here working odd shifts. Spending Easter alone again but it's not the first and sadly probably not the last. The good news is it looks like I may be back on land later this week instead of mid May. I wish you and your family a happy Easter.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @hapster‌
    Thank you brother
    Quick question. I see you smoke cigars I myself do not. However the commonisary on this ship sells cigars. Just wondering if you have ever heard of Romeo and Juliette's?

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Happy Easter to you brother. Its a beautiful Easter morning here in PA.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    It's actually beautiful on the Gulf. Just nothing to do.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Forgot to say Happy Easter Brother. Enjoy your family time.

Status- Standing by.

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Happy Easter to you and to all that read this well written post!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • SGH
    Options
    @jhl192‌
    Thank you young man. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:
    @hapster‌ Thank you brother Quick question. I see you smoke cigars I myself do not. However the commonisary on this ship sells cigars. Just wondering if you have ever heard of Romeo and Juliette's?
    I have... I don't recall smoking any of them, but I have read reviews that consider them a pretty good stick.
  • SGH
    Options
    @hapster‌
    Would you like a box?

Status- Standing by.

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Happy Easter to you.
    BTW Romeo and Juliettas are good sticks.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    @cortguitarman‌
    Thanks for the info. Happy Easter to you and your family as well.

Status- Standing by.

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    "He isRisen" Happy Easter to all you Eggheads. 
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Holepuncher‌

Yes sir He has. Wish you and your family a safe and Happy Easter.

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:
    @hapster‌ Would you like a box?
    I appreciate your offer... But I currently have plenty of sticks in my humidor. Thanks again :)
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Have a blessed day @SGH and everyone else as well
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SGH
    Options
    @grege345‌

May yours be blessed as well my friend. Wish you and your family a safe and Happy Easter.

Status- Standing by.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Happy Easter.. currently have my almost 2 week old daughter asleep on my chest while my 2 and 4 year olds sleep in their bunk bed. Their Easter baskets are inconspicuously "hidden" awaiting to be ripped to shreds.

I'll be spatching a 9lb turkey and heating a ham. Any guesses of the time for the turkey at 350ish?
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I've spatched capons close to that size... should probably take 1  3/4 to 2 hrs.

I assume that you already know, however, to cook to temp.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Happy Easter brother

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SGH
    Options
    @BYS1981‌ @Chris_Wang‌
    Happy Easter to y'all as well my friends. Hope all is healthy and well.

Status- Standing by.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I've spatched capons close to that size... should probably take 1  3/4 to 2 hrs.

I assume that you already know, however, to cook to temp.
    I must be hallucinating!! I could swear I opened a post about a 2 week old baby sleeping on OP's chest and his 3 and 4 yr olds being asleep in bunk beds. He was spatching a 9lb. turkey and was asking about time. 

I have no idea how my comment ended up here!

Options
    @BYS1981‌
    Direct or indirect on the bird?

Status- Standing by.