Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another XXL Story

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Honestly I just can't see why anyone would buy it. 2 XLs has more capacity.
    A steer?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    At $5000, I would rather pay a little extra and get a 32" Komodo Kamado and I could pick the color tiles.  The 32" KK is well over 800 lbs.  No need to replace the Gasket and one more thing, to open the Top Lid on the KK is a lot easier than the XXL. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If your looking for a tempurpedic they had them at the Atlanta home show a month or 2 ago all beds half off. They travel around to all the big home shows and had the $5000 dual adjustable bed for $2500. They were all sold I plan on going the first morning next show.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Sorry doc. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
    I had my mind made up on the sleep number till I laid on it. Felt like an air mattress. Now it's between the temperpedic and sealy's comparable foam mattress. Same price basically same warranty.

@Jeremiah‌ we have the Sealy. It is awesome. I'd highly recommend it. We've had ours for 5 years. It feels just like it did when it was new.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    My deer also said $4000 for the XXL
    Mark Annville, PA
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    In that range for a grill, get the Komodo Kamado's Big Bad 32.

It is worth the extra money if you are looking for a grill in that size-range.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options

I saw in one of their promo pics that an adult human can fit in a XXL. I haven't cooked human in quite some time but it's nice to know you can.

It's a bit expensive. Currently $100/lb at Walmart (blue light special).
    Isn't the "blue light special" a K-Mart thang?

And a $100/lb and the average human >100 lbs, that's bit pricey.
    How much does just the backstrap go for?  I think if I'm going to roast homo sapiens, I would want just the tenderloin.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    sealy and tempurpedic have merged as of last fall.  that being said I have a tempurpedic cloud and wouldn't live with out it.  Now is the time of year they are closing out old models for this years models.  Often times when that happens if you find the right retailer you can pick one up for significant savings.  The prices are set by the manufacturer so typical retail is the same at every store in the market but during closeouts they authorize the biggest discounts. 
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    We bought the Costco version of the foam bed. With adjustable frame $2300 for a king. Really two real big twins. Excellent.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI