Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another XXL Story

Was just in the local BGE dealer, a Pinch A Penny.  He has an XXL on order, to arrive in a couple weeks.  Going for $4K.

Says their orders are not to sell set up at the curb, that they have to take it apart and reassemble at the buyer's location.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    4,000 !!!!! Man alive. Maybe it will come down in the future if it doesn't sell good.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2014

Was just in the local BGE dealer, a Pinch A Penny.  He has an XXL on order, to arrive in a couple weeks.  Going for $4K.

Says their orders are not to sell set up at the curb, that they have to take it apart and reassemble at the buyer's location.

Holy Schnikes! 4K. But, who wouldn't want a XXL? I'll take one ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yep, for that kind of money I think I'd add a nice offset stick burner. $2K would be more what I would think.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker‌ +1 on the 3-4 LBGE or (1) Komado Kamado they are pretty bad ass!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    for $4g I would get a Kamodo Kamado. Not as big but the baddest $4k grill on the planet

Or I would get 3XL's or 4 larges if you really felt you needed that kind of space. 

I saw in one of their promo pics that an adult human can fit in a XXL. I haven't cooked human in quite some time but it's nice to know you can.

Vegans cook up OK but they give me gas.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Adult humans are too tough... Kinda stringy. Sous vide might be better.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    caliking said:

Adult humans are too tough... Kinda stringy. Sous vide might be better.

So use young ones? Under 12?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Suckling Human

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    This makes me think of CHUD. Classic movie if you can remember it. Was the first movie my parents rented when we got a VCR.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I just left my local dealer, and also has one on the way. He quoted me $5,000!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL

I just left my local dealer, and also has one on the way. He quoted me $5,000!

=)) just curious...does the Mothership not want to sell the XXL? With that price tag they aren't going to move many. Not to mention eggcessories will be eggtremely limited.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I have to say I think two XLs would have more utility for the cost.  Seems to me that only a restaurant or caterer could make use of this.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    You'd need a small jib crane to lift in the plate setter...
  • hapster said:
    and don't forget an extra G for the adjustable rig. And $299 for shipping it- it will have to ship by truck. You can't cook more than one human at a time if you don't have a rig. Make sure to tell tom you want the R&H (Rib and Human) combo. he is designing a special human shaped stone for it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    hapster said:
    and don't forget an extra G for the adjustable rig. And $299 for shipping it- it will have to ship by truck. You can't cook more than one human at a time if you don't have a rig. Make sure to tell tom you want the R&H (Rib and Human) combo. he is designing a special human shaped stone for it. 
    You can do two spatchpersoned

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    $4K is crazy. I can't imagine why anyone would get that vs 2 XLs

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    $4K is crazy. I can't imagine why anyone would get that vs 2 XLs
    Two XLs? I'm pretty sure you could be into 3 XL's plus a few accessories for that coin.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    We've been mattress shopping all day. 4k for a grill doesn't seem so outrageous anymore. :-t $-) :((
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Little Steven
    Tempurpedic eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Sleep Number here.

• JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Love my Tempurpedic mattress!!!!
    Ames, Iowa
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    I tried a sleep-number -  IMO like sleeping on a bad air mattress. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Sorry doc. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
    I had my mind made up on the sleep number till I laid on it. Felt like an air mattress. Now it's between the temperpedic and sealy's comparable foam mattress. Same price basically same warranty.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • If you don't need the $4k....trade it for an Egg you don't need instead?

3 XL's for less money.  I'll sell them, but delivery and set-up will cost you.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    A buddy of mine got to cook on one at the Athens EggFest. It takes one 20 lb bag of lump to fill it. He cooked 10 lbs of wings on the grate at one time and there was plenty of room left over.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Jeremiah said:
    Sorry doc. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I had my mind made up on the sleep number till I laid on it. Felt like an air mattress. Now it's between the temperpedic and sealy's comparable foam mattress. Same price basically same warranty.
    I thought your comment was funny, no problem.  We get along just fine with the Sleep Number, it is still going strong after 12 years, and last year I needed to replace the pump, and they gave me 75% warranty coverage after 11 years.  Whatever works is what works.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2014
    Honestly I just can't see why anyone would buy it. 2 XLs has more capacity.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.