Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot and Fast Beef Ribs

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Even better!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Well-you now have beef back ribs riding along with the prime (as long as it's not boneless).  Double header with that cook-Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    henapple said:
    Btw.. now I want beef ribs..what different types can I cook? Not sure what I can find.
    I recently did a comparison between beef plate ribs and beef chuck short ribs. I bought a package of each from Restaurant Depot.  The plate ribs cost $6.28/pound and the chuck ribs cost $4.29/pound.

I cooked them both the same way - described in my post:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1161966/beef-plate-ribs

I like the taste/texture of the plate ribs better than the chuck ribs.  The plate ribs were more expensive with more fat.  My wife didnt like the amount of fat on the plate ribs.  We liked either of them more than the back ribs I have cooked in the past.

It's hard to make a judgement of the price/value of which ribs to cook. We'll probably stick to chuck short ribs for my regular beef rib cooks with an occasional plate rib cook.

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Just threw two racks on myself. Yours look great! I bought about 10 racks and froze then last fall when Kroger overstocked or something. They were 2-3$ a rack.

XLBGE 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    If you do need to do them hot and fast, here is a great way:

:P
    I'm trying this technique today.  I'll let you know my results.  FWIW, I'm going to wrap them in butcher paper for the last 1:15 instead of foil.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas