Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Peppers - First Time! (Pic Heavy

Options
;I sauteed some pork sausage, baby bella shrooms, onions, onions, sub-dried tomates, spinach & goat cheese. I stuffed all of the pepper, placed them inside a CI skillet and grilled them direct at 400F for approx 25 minutes. Everyone LOVED them! 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    Nice. Those look tasty!
    Pentwater, MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Those look fabulous. Why do you use a skillet as opposed to the grid? Have you tried it both ways and find better results with the skillet? Just curious as I'm always looking for a better way to do things. Thanks in advance.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Why the new forum name?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Big_Green_Craig‌ Those look fabulous. Why do you use a skillet as opposed to the grid? Have you tried it both ways and find better results with the skillet? Just curious as I'm always looking for a better way to do things. Thanks in advance.
    Honestly, I only used the skillet bc I had so many and a couple wouldn't sit flat so I was propping them up against others.  They turned out great!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Way to improvise my friend. Again they really look great.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Nice looking peppers, Craig. 

I use an 8x8-inch stoneware pan for the same reason, keeping the peppers from falling over.  I noticed that the bell peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom instead of 3 stand upright better but even those are uneven sometimes.

Keep up the good work.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Nice looking peppers, Craig. 

I use an 8x8-inch stoneware pan for the same reason, keeping the peppers from falling over.  I noticed that the bell peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom instead of 3 stand upright better but even those are uneven sometimes.

Keep up the good work.
    I would agree. I tried to hand pick them at the market and even did a couple "stand-up" tests. I'm not sure it's possible to get them all to stand up. 
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    "I'm not sure it's possible to get them all to stand up. "

Oh sure, they stand up just fine.....until you shut the dome lid and walk away, then at least one of them falls over and melts cheese into the fire, just to mess with you :) 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This