Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sea Hunt Salmon or Wet Egg Cooking

olblueolblue Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
No one could porvide me with Jewel recipe so i marinated in Soy Sauce, rice wine vinegar and garlic. I thought about using the large egg but fired up the small for the fish and the mini for some chicken I was cooking for the next day.[p]I have one of those perforated trays that I thought would fit in the small but it didn't. I had a metal pan to use as a water drip pan but it was too big. I used an aluminum foil pan that I crammed into the small egg. As I was squeezing into place, most of the water ran out and soaked the charcoal. [p]There was still a few coals with fire and I added the coals from the mini. It still took another 20 minutes to get back up to 250.[p]There were also soaked alder chips that were further soaked in the flood. I cooked two thick salmon filets at 225 to 300 for about 30 minutes... after all the rice and vegetables were done and I was hungry. [p]It turnout great! I'm not sure I actually burned any alder and the egg didn't put out much smoke. [p]Next time Ill use the large egg or get a smaller metal pan

Comments