Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drum roll please!!

Prepping a few drums for happy hour.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Drums look very nice!! Just curious how much the chunk of wood smokes sitting in the grid. Not knocking it but I have noticed this in a few of your pics.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • What you may not see is the vortex in the firebox. It's a technique that I saw at an egg fest. Usually do it with wings. 3 times worked perfect. This time trying drums.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Understand now. I figured it was a lump reducer or something.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited April 2014
    What you may not see is the vortex in the firebox. It's a technique that I saw at an egg fest. Usually do it with wings. 3 times worked perfect. This time trying drums.

I still find that interesting as the thickest part of the drums are actually furthest from the heat let alone being shielded by the fire ring, yet the bone end is in the direct heat. I would think that positioning would French the drums or did you turn these around before taking the cool picture? No offense meant - I'm just "cornfused".
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    RRP said:
    What you may not see is the vortex in the firebox. It's a technique that I saw at an egg fest. Usually do it with wings. 3 times worked perfect. This time trying drums.

I still find that interesting as the thickest part of the drums are actually furthest from the heat let alone being shielded by the fire ring, yet the bone end is in the direct heat. I would think that positioning would French the drums or did you turn these around before taking the cool picture? No offense meant - I'm just "cornfused".
    I think the they just fit better that way.  Like a pie graph.