Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- who has the best church key

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    When Dad retired from the Canadian Army, he worked at Kingston General Hospital as their disposal manager. I called him "Fred Sanford" as he was always bringing home used/outdated medical gear from the hospital junk pile. 
    in addition to the regular Miller opener (Family name so always Miller time at my house) I have 1/2 of a mid '70's knee joint with a titanium handle. (Don't know if it is upper or lower part) I kept it as a conversation piece until I discovered that, like @Little_Steven bic lighter, it makes a great beer opener. 

(sorry for pics - new phone)

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I am so disappointed in myself for not having posted this earlier.  These are all over the place, in the garage, the house, toolboxes, and the cars (not that we ever drink a beer in the car :-)  Paint can openers that have a bottle opener too.I don't think they make them that way anymore.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    When Dad retired from the Canadian Army, he worked at Kingston General Hospital as their disposal manager. I called him "Fred Sanford" as he was always bringing home used/outdated medical gear from the hospital junk pile. 
    in addition to the regular Miller opener (Family name so always Miller time at my house) I have 1/2 of a mid '70's knee joint with a titanium handle. (Don't know if it is upper or lower part) I kept it as a conversation piece until I discovered that, like @Little_Steven bic lighter, it makes a great beer opener. 

Too freakin cool

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    When is the last time any of you used the can opening end of a church key?  I think I opened a can of juice sometime in the last decade.  On the other hand I use my trusty P38 from time to time.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Princess Diana slipped me this my last trip over the pond.  I miss her...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Skiddy, Too awesome! That's for the femur. I. want. it.
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options

Stoogie said:

Here is my church key. My Dad gave it to me in the early '90's and he got it while working for a beer distributor in the late '60's/early 70's. It's survived sitting neglected in a garage for over a decade, 5 moves over 1000's of miles, 1 attempted theft, 3 trips to Yellowstone Park, a winter under Wisconsin snow on my back deck and was used as a weapon once (to be fair, when my wife threw it at me, it had already opened quite a few beers that night) 

"I had this uncomfortable piece of metal up my a$$......"
    Classic movie!

Bloomfield, NJ
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Or a hockey stick, a spoon, a dressing room bench, a doorknob, a stick of wood or a rock. My God how did these people become the most powerful nation on earth?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm sure he was wondering how that gerbil had an uncanny sense of time.