Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seared Sushi Grade Tuna Steaks -- Lotsa Pics

Options
So my wife tells me yesterday that we haven't had fish in some time and even though she generally doesn't like fish, wanted me to cook some on the LBGE.  Since I love fish this was not a problem.  Picked up two sushi-grade Tuna steaks, some baby red potatoes and a yellow summer squash.  Sliced the potatoes and squash into 3/4 " slices, and hit them with salt, pepper and Dizzy Pig Tsunami spin.  The tuna steaks were dusted with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk.  LBGE was cruising at about 425 degrees direct, hit the potatoes and squash for about 12 minutes flipping twice, then the tuna steaks seared for about 90 seconds per side.  Absolutely incredible served with a combination of Hoffman House Tartar sauce seasoned with Emeril's pepper sauce.  Wife ate every bit of it and is now wanting fish regularly!  Sorry for the lousy I-phone pics, but you get the idea.  Thanks for looking!

Comments