Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg related. ..pics and phone cameras

Options
13»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2014
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Incredible shots @Mickey‌ I'm ready for you to show me a thing or two! That water was like damn glass! Love the reflections!

The middle shot was looking out at the mouth of the Columbia River to the "Draw" reported to be the very roughest water in America. Our hotel in Astoria was on a pier next to that shot. This was from our balcony. Watched these guys come and go for 4 days. Will go back. You could almost touch them. The bad part is that it took 4 days driving 600 miles per day to get home. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Options
    @cazzy Still travelling. I was home the other day for a bit. Just saying...the post office may have lived up to it's expectations :) Time will tell if they get their act straight. No worries yet though....time to go to the great state of Texas :)
    Southern Indiana
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I shott with my iPhone5. Have been for the last year or so. Used to use another camera, forget which one it is, but half the time I would grab it and the batteries would be dead. I need some photography lessons.

Oh...and my wife takes better pictures than me. The really, really good ones, she took.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    We have come a long way since the 50's & 60's. You could see the trend as the Navy moved toward smaller cameras.  Soon gone would be the days of the old 4X5" press cameras.  Some of our hand held aerial cameras weighed nearly 50 lbs. and used 100' rolls of 9" wide film which was, in most cases, later processed by hand. The 9" square format required vacuum to keep the film from sagging in the center during exposure.  And not always did we have vacuum in certain airplanes...that is when another person would be required to suck on a rubber tube attached to the camera at the precise moment of the exposure. :)  My first camera (1947) was a box Brownie.  I recently found this one at a garage sale for $1.  It now sits on a shelf near my vintage Rolleiflex  twin lens 2.8E2. Gone are my Hasselblads and Nikons (all but one) film cameras.  For a change I moved to digital Canon a few years back.  I have several of the larger Canon SLR's but what I use the most, and always have it with me, is a Canon S95 Powershot as it shoots in RAW format. Post processing is done in Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC.

You have a lot of talented photographers in this forum. I have enjoyed viewing the many beautiful food photographs and visiting your personal websites.
    imageimageimage
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I think taking good photos and the cost of the camera has about as much relationship as cooking good food and owning an egg.  The two are related because people with an interest in photography are willing to spend money on equipment just like folks interested in cooking are willing to spend to buy an egg.

As far as anybody being able to drive a Corvette fast I would say anyone can crash a Vette fast but it takes skill to drive fast.

Gerhard