Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friends?

Options

Comments

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    gmac said:
    Okay,with all the discussion about trolls, etc., I'll ask about something I've asked before... when you go to your profile page there's a spot on the left that says "Friends". However, I can't see a way to know who your "friends" are. I'm fortunate enough to have 1 friend!

I also have not seen a way to indicate that you want to be someone's friend.

I was the one following you but I thought it was more like stalking.
    Do I need to be looking over my shoulder at the Toronto Eggfest?
    No, you're safe.  I "followed" a few of the Canadian Eggers in the TO area early on in the hopes of hearing about some local deals.

#:-S
    Weird.  I just checked my stats and my "follow" had been de-activated.  I was still following @littlesteven and @pantsypants but that was it.  Can you kick some one off as your follower?  Did you?  If so I'm not sure if I'm hurt or not.  I'm the sensitive type...
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I would never get rid of a follower!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    You'd make a good cult leader.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Just don't drink any Kool-Ade!
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    gmac said:
    You'd make a good cult leader.
    Maybe, but I have zero interest in young girls so that probably rules me out.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Thank God for Google Translate - Didn't learn Latin in central Illinois!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This has become one of my favorite threads!!

You guys and all your book-learnin

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Is there a way to know who is following you?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2014
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Typically, I will turn right three times, then left, then right, then left, then right, then right. If you still have a tail, it's either the fuzz or mobsters. Good luck!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    I just stumbled onto this thread. This is really good. It kind of feels like a well-written Big Bang Theory episode.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Damn I should have paid more attention in school! I'm getting a good laugh at this but I'm almost positive that a lot of this is going right over my head and I could be laughing a lot more! I love this forum and the diversity of people and topics. This place is more fun than any of the car forums I have hung out on!! Rock on! \:D/
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    i dont know about being your friend......but "i'll be your huckleberry!!"

gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    You're a dandy if ya do.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jaime_Doug
    Jaime_Doug Posts: 57
    edited May 2014
    Options

cazzy said:
    Typically, I will turn right three times, then left, then right, then left, then right, then right. If you still have a tail, it's either the fuzz or mobsters. Good luck!!!
    In Hunt for Red October speak that would a "cazzy Ivan".. Yes I laugh at my own jokes Doug
    Doug/Jaime in Tucker, GA   Could almost walk to BGE Mothership  LBGE
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Gort, too.

Gort, too.

"Klaatu Barada Nikto" 
    Milton, GA.
  • Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138
    Options
    SenecaTheYounger   I feel your pain I too have been made fun of my entire life  I too also ignore it and agree that the people who do this they them selfs are insecure and have other issues and I also feel the opinion are like ass holes we all have them and they all STINK 
    Now you have gone and ruined things for me!! I was clueless about the Stink part!!! Thanks you made me laugh. I grew up with two older sisters and yep they made fun of me too.

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Gator_Man said:
    SenecaTheYounger   I feel your pain I too have been made fun of my entire life  I too also ignore it and agree that the people who do this they them selfs are insecure and have other issues and I also feel the opinion are like ass holes we all have them and they all STINK 
    Now you have gone and ruined things for me!! I was clueless about the Stink part!!! Thanks you made me laugh. I grew up with two older sisters and yep they made fun of me too.
    Did you ever try logging in as Gator Bait Jim?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bump

edited May 2021
    Options
    It appears our history is rife with trolls.  I thought this was new, but clearly it is not.  I guess the site could be comapred to Israel and Gaza.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Any one heard from @TexanOfTheNorth as of late? Hope all is well with him.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    It appears our history is rife with trolls.  I thought this was new, but clearly it is not.  I guess the site could be comapred to Israel and Gaza.
    Actually. 

I was Seneca too. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Actually. 

I was Seneca too. 

No.  I was.

Options
    @PigBeanUs - I actually recall inquiring as the the identity of @SenecaTheYounger several years ago.  The response was complete with plausible denials from the Seneca.  Full circle many ears on!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    It was me

Corning glassware exec/research guy. 

Was a character. Started as a way to be dry and not engage, while answering newbie questions

as the clan poked and prodded, i dialed up the ‘spectrum’ aspect of things and had some fun

little steven guessed it early on. 

RRP said he thought it was also, but he guesses that EVERY new ‘personality’ is me, so he didn’t really score any points. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Actually. 

I was Seneca too. 

No.  I was.

Quit coat-tailing. Get your own cast of characters. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    the dissociative identity disorder schtick *was* (supposed to be) the joke there
    Options
    I am still waiting for my @trollaegghead account to be approved.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    the dissociative identity disorder schtick *was* (supposed to be) the joke there
    So was mine. 

Internet no goodly for sar-ca-masm
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Actually

i wasn’t seneca. I just said I was. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I remember, somewhere, sometime, or not, I recall you saying (or maybe it was me saying to you or through a third party) that you/me never had a troll account, insofar as you/me/legion never pretended to be someone else.  With the exception of one account that was created explicitly for an elaborate performance (and one where the verisimilitude would quickly ramp asymptotically to zero). 

But then again, I/me/you/your mom/fish's dad, et al aren't completely incapable of lying to (list of confusing characters) and so the only thing I'm sure of at this point is my ability to be unsure of everything to said trust issue.