Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would you?

Options
2»

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Yep.......that bad!!!!!!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Lol... @BOWHUNR‌ kills me...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

Either you like it or hate it. If you can endure the smell, you'd probably enjoy it!

For me, it's awesome :)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... If it smells like garbage...
    Flint, Michigan
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    So me and couple guys at work decided to give this a shot. My one coworker is married to a Thailand native so he's got a bit more experience with durian than anyone else I know. 7.6 pounds, smell is getting stronger as we're letting it defrost, but the smell is actually pleasant--so far.

Dunedin, FL
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    chashans    Jack fruit is completly different the Durian is almost a off-white color as your photos show the Jack fruit is Yellow and the jack fruit dose not stink it sorta has a almost honey kinda sweet smell from what I remember it's beed a few years since I ate Jack Fruit  
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    So verdict in. It smells nice when it wasn't cut, but once we opened it up it was stinking. And we stunk up the office pretty good. The smell wasn't bad, but it was so strong that is makes it near unbearable. The taste was different. It had a lot of flavor profiles. It went from sweet to motor oil tasting, to nutty at the end. Some people described it as oniony. Glad I tried it, but the rest of it is going home to my coworker. I think his wife may make some durian cake for us.
    Dunedin, FL
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2014
    Options

If you can endure the smell, you'd probably enjoy it!

Like I said earlier, kind of like Roseanne Barr. :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE