Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friends?

Okay,with all the discussion about trolls, etc., I'll ask about something I've asked before... when you go to your profile page there's a spot on the left that says "Friends". However, I can't see a way to know who your "friends" are. I'm fortunate enough to have 1 friend!

I also have not seen a way to indicate that you want to be someone's friend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I think you go to their profile page and click "Follow" to friend someone.  I'm not sure what that does exactly other than adds count to your "friends" list.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven was my friend until he gave me a bunch of crap about my beloved Red Wings. I unfriended his a$$!
    Flint, Michigan
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    I will be your friend
    Toronto
  • I will be your friend

:-bd
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

I do not see this as an issue, frankly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I have no friends.  On the forum or in real life.

I do not see this as an issue, frankly.

You do now my friend.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• If so, generally not for long.

Most of what people might call my friends are actually professional colleagues, or acquaintances.

In the non-academic, non-clinical world, my friends are actually friends of family members. I find that either I cannot connect with people, or they do not desire to connect with me.

Given my wiring, I do not see this as a net loss.  It has allowed me to pursue a life of dedicated  experimental research and development. 

I appreciate people, and feel a common human connection.  But those mechanisms which others have, wherein they bind themselves over time to like minded people and apparently trade in emotional currency, are flawed in my own case.  I regret this of course.

But as one does not miss something they never had, I find comprehending such a loss to be a difficulty as yet not overcome.

Apologies for any apparent distance, abruptness, or lack of bon homie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seneca Falls, NY

• That is a possibility.  To be 'friends' though requires reciprocal feelings for the other.  I do not have such feelings for people.

Also, there is no need to quote a post if you are going to be the immediate reply.

Seneca Falls, NY

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Okay,with all the discussion about trolls, etc., I'll ask about something I've asked before... when you go to your profile page there's a spot on the left that says "Friends". However, I can't see a way to know who your "friends" are. I'm fortunate enough to have 1 friend!

I was the one following you but I thought it was more like stalking.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • gmac said:

Do I need to be looking over my shoulder at the Toronto Eggfest?
    Seneca, you are the idiot savant in this forum full of idiots. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited April 2014
    Seneca, you are the idiot savant in this forum full of idiots. 

Also, there is no need to quote a post if you are going to be the immediate reply.

I live in arkansas. Here in the sticks, the interwebs is so slow that usually by the time one of my posts shows up there are fourteen others already there. By the way, you sound like a robot. Maybe robots just can't have friends?

Little Rock, AR

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Seneca is Johnny 5!

• I'm just messing with you. And I do appreciate the condolences, though.

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ^^^^Yep, I think I like this guy. I'll be your friend.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

• @Texan:  I saw that show one time.  Rather insipid.  Despite my quirks, I believe I am not at all like the character pictured.  I do get the reference though, and so thank you for it.  I believe he (the character) and it (the show) are generally widely looked upon as favorable, or otherwise harmless.  Not bad company, at the end of it.

:-bd
    If I had friends I wouldn't be on this forum all the time.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Eggcelsior
    Seneca,
    By all means, that was a compliment. Your posts can be read in a halting way, much like a robot. A incredibly hilarious robot. Whether you mean to or not, you are quite witty with a very dry sense of humor and I have appreciated that very much.

Plus you said: "Given my wiring". Don't ever change!
  • That is a possibility.  To be 'friends' though requires reciprocal feelings for the other.  I do not have such feelings for people.

I live in arkansas. Here in the sticks, the interwebs is so slow that usually by the time one of my posts shows up there are fourteen others already there. By the way, you sound like a robot. Maybe robots just can't have friends?
    My best friend was a robot. We were inseperable til he started hanging with Will Robinson. I hate that kid!

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Robbie was better.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited April 2014
    gmac said:
    I wonder about that too and that's why I'm afraid to Follow anyone, lol!
    canuckland
  • Thank you for clarifying, Eggcelsior. 

There exists the distinct possibility that I am nothing more than a Turing test of sorts, being developed by the Big Green Egg R&D department as a mechanism for answering customer questions and inquiries. 

Note though that current A/I systems haven't quite yet reached self-awareness capabilities to any great degree.  Which means it's still more plausible that I am a human.

Seneca Falls, NY

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Thank you for clarifying, Eggcelsior. 

There exists the distinct possibility that I am nothing more than a Turing test of sorts, being developed by the Big Green Egg R&D department as a mechanism for answering customer questions and inquiries. 

Note though that current A/I systems haven't quite yet reached self-awareness capabilities to any great degree.  Which means it's still more plausible that I am a human.

Now I'm wondering if you're human. I think we need you to post a cook thread to reach a decision. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    My 1 friend following me turned out to be a coworker who went through as many of my posts possible just to hit the "Disagree" link, lol. He got 50 some disagrees in before he got kicked out as a troll.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Many people make demands of me, or tell me they need me to do something.  But I have found that what is best for me is to do what I want to do, and generally ignore expectations that others attempt to foist upon me.

I answered to one person in my life, and that was my wife.  Even then, she never made demands.  Wonderful woman.

If you have any desire to be my wife, I might then consider your requirements for posting my cooks.  But I do not think that would be ideal for either of us.

I don't take pictures of my food.  I host colleagues, business guests, and like-minded sorts at my home and camp.  They believe that I can cook.  It does not matter whether anyone here does.  My answers would still be helpful, I hope, to some, even if I had never cooked on an egg before.

Seneca Falls, NY

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Okay...you might be Tweev. This is getting good.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....