Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for another Dealer's help

We started to carry the Big Green Eggs last Spring and now we are looking to have an EggFest at our store this fall. There are no EggFests near us so we thought we should start one! If any dealer (or EggHead that's been to one) can offer suggestions, that would be much appreciated! Have an idea of what we want to do, but don't know where to start. Thanks guys!
BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
Large BGE
Waterloo, IL

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Where are you located?
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Talk to @Mickey
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    Tjcoley said:
    Where are you located
    Columbia, IL
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • ChrisSonn23

Right across the river from St. Louis, MO

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I guess I've seen 2 different types. Sales of stuff, charges to cook or eat and pretty structured. There's free ones where really no money is involved and very little organized schedule. What are you looking to do? Obviously sell eggs.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ChrisSonn23
    henapple said:
    I guess I've seen 2 different types. Sales of stuff, charges to cook or eat and pretty structured. There's free ones where really no money is involved and very little organized schedule. What are you looking to do? Obviously sell eggs.
    Yeah our main goal would be to sell eggs. We've already been in contact with a company that sells us rubs and they would be willing to bring their competition team to cook. We also have kept in contact with people who we have sold eggs to and most of them loved the idea of bringing their egg up and showing off their skills. I am thinking ours would be free or maybe bring a canned good of some sort to enter which we would donate to a local food pantry.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    First talk to your distributor.
    Second and Most Important! Please don't have it in your parking lot.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChrisSonn23
    Mickey said:

First talk to your distributor.
    Second and Most Important! Please don't have it in your parking lot.

We will contact our distributor for help.

Why do you say don't have it in your parking lot? That's where we planned on having it
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • ChrisSonn23
    Still waiting on an answer as to why it is a bad idea to have it in our parking lot.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Having an Eggfest is a great idea for any dealer.  Start it and let it grow. 

While a hot parking lot may not be ideal, it will work.  Provide shade or people will walk away thinking negatively about your event.  Remember, no one wants to cook out in the sun, and no one wants to stand in the sun.  So there is your problem with having an event in your parking lot.  Nothing $2000 in canopies can't fix. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• ChrisSonn23

Having an Eggfest is a great idea for any dealer.  Start it and let it grow. 

While a hot parking lot may not be ideal, it will work.  Provide shade or people will walk away thinking negatively about your event.  Remember, no one wants to cook out in the sun, and no one wants to stand in the sun.  So there is your problem with having an event in your parking lot.  Nothing $2000 in canopies can't fix. IMO

Great point. We would be having it this September-October so hopefully heat won't be an issue. But I can see how this would present a problem during the summer.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    ChrisSonn23, In June will be the 13th annual Peoria IL Eggfest. You might want to give Jerry a call at Hearth & Patio in Peoria to pick his brain. Feel free to tell him I, Ron Pratt, gave you his name. Their phone is 309-691-5959. My other advice is echoing what others have said about contacting your distributor, which I assume is Peter at Northern Plains Distributing in Fargo, ND - right?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ChrisSonn23
    RRP said:
    ChrisSonn23, In June will be the 13th annual Peoria IL Eggfest. You might want to give Jerry a call at Hearth & Patio in Peoria to pick his brain. Feel free to tell him I, Ron Pratt, gave you his name. Their phone is 309-691-5959. My other advice is echoing what others have said about contacting your distributor, which I assume is Peter at Northern Plains Distributing in Fargo, ND - right?

Thanks for the info! I'll get in touch with him if we have any questions. Might have to make the 2 1/2 hour trip up to Peoria to check it out. We are definitely going to contact our dealer but wanted to pick some EggHeads brains first. And no, Peter is not our distributor. Our distributor is Leisure Distributing and our rep is Jeff 

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks for the correction - I thought Northern Plains had all of IL. I know their man, Peter, helped another distributor get their 3 year old eggfest up, but maybe your guy, Jeff can help. There are so very few eggfests here in the midwest so with H & P they have had many years eggperience so that's why I recommended the contact.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I'm not a dealer but have attended & cooked at Eggfests in a few different venues including a couple held in parking lots. As an attendee, a hot parking lot with little to no seating or tables and limited shade (if it's hot) is not particularly fun. I think a parking lot isn't that kid friendly either unless you have an area cordoned off and/or activities for them. Not sure if you have neighboring businesses that might take issue with your activity taking over the lot. From your perspective, I'm sure it would make it easy for you to sell accessories and have a very familiar setting around you so I can understand that would be a plus for an organizer.

You might check out the Greeneggers site as well as they have an Eggfest Central area where those interested in hosting an Eggfest may find some tips. Good Luck!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA