Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dutch Oven

I have a couple of Dutch Ovens that I use on my large egg, and remembered my Mom gave me some of her Dutch Ovens a few years back also. I went out to my shop and opened the tote they were in and I found a small 2 qt I would like to use with my mini. My question is have any of you used a D.O. on your mini and if so what did you cook in it? I love my mini egg, so expanding the way I can cook on it would be great. Any ideas and pics, throw them this way.

Comments

• Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138
    I have a Mini but have never used a Dutch oven on it. See no reason why you can't if it will fit, I use my Dutch oven for large cooks like stews and soups and they won't fit in the Mini so I use a small to large egg. Good Luck G M

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• Ospreydog
    Ospreydog Posts: 103
    A 2 qt fits perfect, I'm sure I could do baked beans. Just don't know what else I could do with one that small. I guess I will just have to experiment.
  • Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138
    Go over to greeneggers.com and look for camp bread we do it in dutch ovens. Let me know if you can't find it and I will find it for you. Have to leave for Dr. appointment or would right now.

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• Ospreydog
    I will check it out. Thanks
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I've only had my 2QT Lodge camp DO on my Mini (with a Woo) for some tempura.
    photo IMG_1235.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Ospreydog
    Deep frying would work, would I need to make an aluminum foil bowl under the D.O. in case of a boil over?