Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and Lollis- APL BBQ and Chili Sauce

Options
This was an impromptu meal for me and my oldest daughter.  I had some APL BBQ sauce in the fridge and I mixed it with estimated ratio:
2 part APL Sauce
1 part Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
1 part Garlic Chili Sauce (this).

I decided to try a couple of lollipop style wings after seeing the post from @dyal_sc.  I have to hand it to Dyal because it takes a bit of work!  I made it through 3 wings (6 lollis- 2 didn't make it into the picture).  They were really good and I will definitely try this again when I have more time to prep.  Hopefully I can get better at doing this and improve my time of 5 minutes per lolli! 

I applied Emerils southwest seasoning to the wings, cooked them indirect 375-400, then sauced for the last 10 minutes or so. 

The sauce was was really good.  I have been enjoying the APL BBQ sauce (from Serious BBQ).  As mentioned in other posts, it is a bit involved but makes a great base.  The sauce is pretty sweet, so the chili sauce gave it a little more heat that worked well on the wings. 

Corn went on in the husk until the wings were about done.  Peeled back the husk and rubbed on some EVOO and Emeril's and put it on the edge of the grill outside of the platesetter to get some char. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments