Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how are your thanksgiving menus shaping up?

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
we settled on our menu last night. .. .[p]mad max turkey and gravy
dr. chickens double smoked ham
giada's pancetta/ciabatta/chestnut stuffing
my wyoming sister's yams
mashed potatoes (made w/ sour cream and cream cheese)
egg wokked sesame string beans
lime green jello mold (made with crushed pineapple and coolwhip)
mr. squeeze's bread pudding
cranberry relish (mom's bringing this one)[p]for desert[p]mrs. squeeze's choco chip kahlua cake
pumpkin pie[p]we decided against any appetizers cause of all the food on the dinner table (except for some bowls of mixed nuts while watching football and waiting for dinner to be ready)[p]dad's bringin the wine . ..[p]
so. .. .what's on everyone else's menu??

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Our menu is all settled. Here is the plan....We show up. We eat what is put in front of us!![p]Shweeet. Fun watching everyone talk about what they are cooking though!
    Happy weekend, and GO SKINS!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome, going to the inlaws for TG :( but on Wed, weather permitting, I plan on cooking an apple brined Oven Stuffer Chicken, Squash Casserole, PK's Creamy Crunchy Potato Casserole, EVOO'ed Organic Green Beans and some Sausage Stuffing. That way, at least I'll have something I can eat on Thursday and have some leftovers, too!

• Nature Boy,
    ahhh, suffering through your bro-in-law's bird again, eh? heeee[p]good for you. ... and yep. .. GO SKINS!!!!

• Rumrunner,
    just saw the weather. .. looks like gamma is steering clear of florida this week. .. .[p]what is PK's cream crunchy potato casserole??[p](see, this is why i posted this.. . see if there was anythign out there to cause me to change the menu at all)

• mad max beyond eggdome, it's from Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue book. Check out the link. I plan on making a couple variations (size and no jalapeno), but otherwise sticking to the recipe.

[ul][li]Creamy Crunchy Potato Casserole[/ul]
  • Rumrunner,
    man, that sounds great... i'll proly stick w/mashed, but dang, i just hit the print button and will try that in the next couple of weeks to see how the family likes it (what's not to like w/ those ingredients) .. . [p]thx steve!!!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    what time should we be there? and is there anything we can bring?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Brined turkey, dressing, gravy, sourdough bread, pumpkin pie made from butter cup squash. Something new for Thanksgiving, mixing(1/2) real cranberry sauce with(1/2) Diane's home made apple sauce. If time allows, I'll make a batch of cranberry nut bread.
    Clay-getting hungry

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    There will be a turkey breast on Ms. Egg. Might be trying out a new rub. We like outside-the-turkey dressing and have a really yummy crockpot recipe which frees up oven space. Maque choux and the ole stand-by green bean casserole. Cranberry chutney. Frosted apricot molded salad. Pumpkin cheesecake. Probably a nice Spatlese or Auslese.[p]That ought to do it. We'll gladly set extra places at the table since it's looking like we're going to have enough food to feed the entire neighborhood. [p]Ken and Diana[p]

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    We are heading to Tammy's aunts for Thanksgiving. Not sure what is being cooked or what we are bringing, was told to just bring something....so we need to find something that will allow for an hour drive....any suggestions....[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Ken and Diana,
    Any chance of sharing the crock pot dressing recipe?
    Thanks, Bob
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I'm just cooking the Cornbread and Sage Sausage Stuffing I've done for the last several years from the Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home book. This recipe is a real winner, and gets rave reviews each year. You can google for it or I can if anyone wants. I may or may not do a pumpkin cheesecake, but will probably go out on the biggest bar night of the year on Weds, instead :)[p]All of this while going to an aunt's house for a big party on Thurs.[p]Nice not to have to cook (much),
    Cornfed

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Got about 15 folks coming for dinner and to hang out by the pool...lol.[p]2 Turkeys (I like my leftover sandwhiches)
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Peas
    Green Beans
    Glazed Carrots
    Oyster Sage Dressing
    Biscuit Cornbread dresssing
    Sausage and rice dressing (new recipe I'm developing)
    Parker House rolls
    Pumpkin Pie
    Apple Pie
    And whatever desserts my Sister is concoting.[p]We always have a leftovers party on Friday and we set up and decorate the tree.

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Looking great - for two 5lb. hunks of prime rib![p]We had a bunch of family / friends in town this past weekend. Did two big T-breasts - split - and all the trimmings, including our gravey (pretty much what you do, been doing it that way for a long time.)[p]Did one breast naked (giggle) - no smoke, nothing fancy. Did the second one fancy - seasoned, bacon on top, smoke applied, etc. Vacum packed those two.[p]We have had our fill of turkey for awhile. The wife came home yesterday with two nice hunks of prime rib.[p]Can't wait - Thanksgiving day - football - family and friends - and prime rib![p]And for desert? That wickedly good chocolate chip kalua cake. My MIL now thinks that I am, "the expert" on deserts! Lol. Great recipe![p]LVM

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    OK, the egg-wokked beans; gotta ask. Any pix of the process? Where do you get a wok to fit? and the dome is up while wokking right?

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanksgiving 2005[p]Hot apple pie (beverage)
    hors d oeuvres (TBA)[p]Turkey and gravy
    Mom's famous sage stuffing (I could eat a plate of just this)
    roasted garlic mashed potatoes
    acorn squash with cinnnamon maple butter
    Cranberry orange compote
    Mrs. Basso's light rolls
    Sauvignon blanc
    2005 Beaujolis Nouveau[p]Pumpkin pecan praline pie
    Apple crisp
    (ice cream/ freshly whipped cream)
    Starbucks 2005 Christmas blend[p]I can't wait! My parent's will be in town along with some friends. It will be just me and my mom in the kitchen- just like the old days:D[p]phillip

• stike,
    dinner's at 5:00 . .. .come on down!!!. ..believe me, there will be plenty of food....with t-day traffic on I95 from boston, it should only take you about 20 hours. ...

• BlueSmoke,[p]Would be interested to know more about the frosted apricot molded salad.[p]Thanks,
    Gwen

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Ken and Dianna,
    Any chance of posting the crockpot stuffing recipe?
    Thanks, Bob

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I just have to say that all you guys are just way too cute the way you plan your meals and look forward to them so much. I also notice how family-oriented you all seem to be. I hope your wives and s.o.'s appreciate you all! I esp liked the guy who was looking forward to being in the kitchen with his mom all day, 'just like it used to be.' Gosh, it brings tears to my eyes. <sniff>[p]Gwen