Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Real Stuffed Pork Tenderloin-- Lots 'o Pics...

Options
bonemuse
bonemuse Posts: 53
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
You never forget your first, right?
Apologies for the pictures, they were taken by my cell phone...

Step 1:
Flatten two Swift Premium vacuum-sealed tenderloins flat and spread 8 oz. cream cheese. Start drooling.

Step 2:
Cover with fresh spinach and minced garlic.

Step 3:
I used a Pampered Chef peeler/slicer/corer to thin-slice a Fuji apple.  I mixed the apple in a bowl with some brown sugar and Pineapple Head, then layered them on top of the spinach.

Step 4:
I added four strips of already cooked thick-cut bacon to keep it real. I also sprinkled some chopped walnuts...

Step 5: Topped with about 6 oz. of goat cheese.

Step 6: Trussed it up (I was really worried about it falling apart...)  Dry rubbed it on the outside with more Pineapple Head

Step 7: Put it on ~360-370 indirect raised for about 30 minutes, *carefully* flipping once.  Please ignore the extra chicken breast-- he was a leftover finishing up for my lunches during the week.

Step 8: Pulled it at 140, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
Served with couscous and some grilled asparagus tossed in EVOO and Tsunami Spin.  Drank a Devil Over a Barrel (from Tyranena) throughout.

That one is a keeper.  One of the better meals I've made on the Egg! Thanks for reading!

~TK~

--------------------------------------
30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

Comments