Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, Turkey, Steaks, Grilled Corn, Stir Fry and more... (pix)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

My bride and I have had an incredible weekend.  It is one of those weekends where we do not want it to end!!!  We have stayed outside most of the time since it's been such great weather.  On Saturday, we did some hiking through Congaree National Forest.  For those of you in the area that have never been, it really is a gorgeous park!  We can't wait to go back when it's not flooded so much.  We would have done the 10 mile River Trail, but it's inaccessible at the moment.  The boardwalk is very nice.

When we got back from our hike, we finished up our Spring Garden.  We have tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, lots of red onions, strawberries and herbs.  We also finished our vertical pallet garden of green romaine, red romaine and spinach.  Gonna hafta wait a coupla weeks for the pallet to set horizontally before inverting it and planting some herbs on the top.

After the hike and while planting the remainder of our veggies, I threw some ribs on the BGE.  Decided to finish these with a SC mustard based sauce (Sticky Fingers this time -- it's creamy and adheres well to ribs).

Had some Bold and Zesty Dipping Sauce to go with the Nathan's Brand Onion Rings.

Then today, we had a great church service this morning, then headed to the grocery store afterwards.  Ended up picking up a couple of cheap thinner cut Ribeyes that were on sale, along with some Corn on the Cob.  We ended up making the corn Mexican-style and slathered it with a Mayo/Cayenne Pepper mixture, and then finished it with Mexican Cheese.  Deeelicious! :)

After the steaks, we decided to go ahead and make meals for this week's lunches.....  Some simple Boneless Turkey Breasts for salad purposes:

And a Stir Fry made up of this stuff.  ;)

Used both lean cut Pork and Chicken Breasts...

Added some freshly chopped Ginger to both the meat and veggies...

Finished the Stir Fry off with some crushed up Wasabi and Soy Almonds.  Perfect finish.

My wife and I try to eat high lean protein and low carb during the week, so this works out pretty well for us. 

Now for dinner, we have some leftover chicken in the fridge from last week.  Think we are gonna keep it simple and have some chicken salad sammiches and leftover Mexican Corn.  :) 

Hope y'all have a great week! 

Comments