Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef rib and pork rib question

Options
I have a neighbor who wants to bring over the meat and have me cook on the Egg.  Great with me.  I suggested St Louis ribs, and he says "how bout some beef ribs too?"  I have never done beef ribs, read up a bit on the forum here.  Could I do both at the same time and expect a good result, or should I stick to one kind of meat (I have only one egg)?
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• SenecaTheYounger
    Options
    Spares and beef ribs are fine together.

I like oak for beef and hickory for pork, but for both in the same environment, I'd try hickory before oak, cherry before hickory, pecan in a pinch, and apple or pear on a whim

I have not done them simultaneously, but recall that each require approximately the same amount of time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    You may find that the beef ribs will need  a "finish foil" where the pork ribs don't but as above, never run both at the same time although  they should finish fairly close.  If you have to go with "one or the other" I would go with the beef ribs.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.