Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very off-Topic::::: Retirement is your friend.

2»

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Jackson Hole is pretty cool. But if you get a chance go to Cody, It's a lot cheaper and the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum is incredible.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Congrats.  My retierment will be when they realize I haven't moved for a while, and weren't those the same clothes you were wearing last Monday?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Congrats.  My retierment will be when they realize I haven't moved for a while, and weren't those the same clothes you were wearing last Monday?

Extended trip will do that or sure make it seem that way =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Being retired is the best job I have ever had.  When people tell me to "have a good weekend" I usually tease them by asking them "Is this the weekend?".

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Congrats on your retirement...looks like a great trip
  • Springram said:
    Being retired is the best job I have ever had.  When people tell me to "have a good weekend" I usually tease them by asking them "Is this the weekend?".

Springram
    Spring, Texas

From those of us youngsters still working for "the man"...

Flint, Michigan
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    I used to dream of retiring when I was 50, then I had a kid at 42 and the stock market hasn't been cooperative on my 401K, so now I expect to work until my son is out of college.  I do look forward to retirement so I can spend my days doing mostly things I want to do.  Yes, there still will be chores to do, but with no job to go to 40+ hours a week, the amount of time I can spend on my hobbies will be most awesome.

Glad to see you are enjoying your retirement, I'm envious and look forward to the day I get to.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Congratulations on your (recent?) retirement.

I have been semi-retired since 40, and consult a couple times a year in an industry which is my passion (experimental glassmaking). Other than those few periods of 'work' (read: fun), I am retired.

I travelled extensively with my wife before she passed. I wish you and your love a wonderful journey. Time passes quickly. You cannot hold it in you hand. The firmer you try to grasp it, the slippier it is.

I envy you.

God speed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Sweet.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    I'm not planning on 'retiring' per se, just a continual transition to working more and more on my own terms, which includes ever more time off. When I can no longer work or lose the passion to work then life will retire me. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Wonderful pictures of a lot of our old stomping grounds. Soon those green hills will turn Golden. Next trip out to Cali you must see Yosemite, Mono Lake, cross Donner pass, Tahoe Lake and Shasta Lake
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Congrats!  I would be counting down the days if  could count backwards from that high. 
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure you;ll love Yellowstone, but you're missing a truly beautiful spot in Yosemite. Climbed Yosemite Falls once. Took me 4 hours to get to the top. And TWO HOURS to get back down!! I was one tired cowboy!!

If you ever find yourself out west again. Do bike ride up Shasta. Elevation change is a real workout. You will work most of the day going up, but the downhill ride is awesome.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Micky

Just DO. NOT. TAKE. UP. GOLF!

A chilling thought: I may have to go back to work just to support my habit.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited April 2014
    Mickey,

Im right behind you logging miles, hit Sacramento from Seattle in 11.5 hrs got 43.5 mpg. I'm stepping up and leaving wife and young daughter here and logging another 400 miles to Disneyland for the son.
    I will log almost 2k on this 7 day trip , enjoy and stay safe.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    SkinnyV said:
    Mickey, Im right behind you logging miles, hit Sacramento from Seattle in 11.5 hrs got 43.5 mpg. I'm stepping up and leaving wife and young daughter here and logging another 400 miles to Disneyland for the son. I will log almost 2k on this 7 day trip , enjoy and stay safe.

Lucky for us we called Yellowstone and found the park closed going through to car traffic. Looks like close to 5000 miles.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    =D>
    Seattle, WA
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Life is good....so happy for you.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Enjoy every breath and each minute, @Mickey‌! You deserve it. :)