Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Lamb Chops

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
Put some of the lamb chops from the whole lamb I purchased yesterday on for dinner last night. Just some s&p and then raised direct at about 400* for a couple of minutes per side. Served with some asparagus and rice. This was some of the best (and probably freshest as the butcher told me the animals were just killed on Thursday) lamb I've ever eaten. I plan on doing one of the legs next weekend for Easter and doubt that the rest will still be around to see the summer.

imageimage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Nice meal. I make my lamb chops similar. Simple and good.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Letting the lamb shine!  Outstanding work!
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Letting the lamb shine!  Outstanding work!
    That's my philosophy when it comes to lamb chops. That, and  just pick them up and eat them by hand!  :P
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Texas had a little lamb, little lamb and man it sure looks good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited April 2014
    Options
    John, you inspired me to action! I just bought a leg of lamb for Sunday supper and had it cut to chops. I got a screaming deal at $4.99/lb. (that's per pound for you metric types). I'll share the cook tomorrow.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    John, you inspired me to action! I just bought a leg of lamb for Sunday supper and had it cut to chops. I got a screaming deal at $4.99/lb. (that's per pound for you metric types). I'll share the cook tomorrow.
    Hope you and the family enjoy it... looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow.
    Options
    Nice John. Just drove through Downtown Aurora. Church is still burning eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Nice John. Just drove through Downtown Aurora. Church is still burning eh?
    Totally destroyed... what a shame! Something like an 11-alarm fire,
    Options
    Nice chops!

Goofy roofers.  Where I used to work, a roofing guy fell off a low warehouse type rooftop with his equipment, he was lucky he landed on a minivan roof that was just few feet below   :D
    canuckland