Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tonights the night!

DIADDIAD Posts: 132
I have been waiting all week for my first brisket cook.  I thought that it was last weekend but I had the dates mixed up!  We are still planning to make a pizza tonight.  I plan to have the egg cool for 2-3hours.  I will then clean it out and reload the XL for the 12LB pre-trimmed packer.  I hope to have the brisket on the egg at 10pm, 250 dome.  I have a maverick so I think that I will program it to alarm me if it goes below 220 and above 250.  Thoughts on this?  I have to leave in the morning around 9am until about 11am.  I then need to leave again from about noon to 1pm for an Easter egg hunt.  I'm really hoping that the brisket doesn't get finished until after 1pm when I am home.  I plan to slice around 5pm. 

Do you guys think that this is a good plan?  Is there any chance that a brisket of this size cooked at this temp could be completely done at the times that I am NOT home?  I'm kind of nervous. 
Chester, MD

Comments