Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel table: Cushioning the egg

Options
Rebellab
Rebellab Posts: 43
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
I have been lurking for about four months.  I purchased my large BGE back in October.  I have been debating building a table or buying one.  Well a customer of mine has a steakhouse he is going to close and has a six foot stainless steel table that he can cut a hole in with his plasma cutter.  He is a jack of all trades.  He said the edge will be smooth, but I am concerned about the egg moving and bumping into the cut edge of the SST.  I thought about putting a gasket material in between, but there has to be someone on here that has done this.

Any ideas?  BTW, I am getting a 6ft stainless table with the lower shelf adjustable up and down for $300 on casters.  I am not a wood worker and so this would be the simplest way in my mind.

Edit to add:  Thanks in advance.  You guys have numerous ideas and I have confidence in you.
LBGE South Dakota

Comments