Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New York Strip Roast

Options
Was in Publix today and was looking at the steaks. NY Strip was $9.97 a pound. Looked good and thick but pricey. Right next to them was 3, 8 lbs NY Strip Roasts for $6.50 a pound. I asked the butcher what the difference was. He joked and said that the 8 pounders were REALLY thick 1 pounders. I bought all 3. I get to cut my own thickness now
:D
Bud
Large BGE
Lawrenceville, GA

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2014
    Options

Nice score.  Picked up a boneless leg of lamb at Aldi's today for the same price $6.50/lb.  Will go on the rotisserie soon.

Dig the Impala SS and LT-1.  Didn't your year have the floor shifter and tach??? 

Been combing CL for a late 80s/early 90s 5 spd fox body Mustang(great early adulthood memories with flowmasters).  Nothing sounds the same, especially when the rpms go up.  Also comb for an old lady's Fleetwood of the same era of your SS, late nineties.  They too, had the LT-1.  A sleeper for sure.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey Focker,
    I love my SS. Bought it new. Its a 96 so it has the floor shift and the tach. All 94-96 SSs, 94-96 9C1 Caprices, Roadmasters, Cadillac Devilles, and all Caprice Station Wagons, Roadmaster wagons, Olds Vista Cruiser Wagons had the LT1. SWMBO drive a 96 Caprice wagon that we rebuilt a few years ago after the oil pump went out. 400 HP station wagon. She loves it and says she needs the 400 HP to get home from the grocery store before the Ice Cream melts.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Focker
    edited April 2014
    Options

That's really cool you bought it new, they hold their value good for a GM, if maintained.  94-96 k body Devilles did not have the LT-1, they had the 4.9L up until 95, then 4.6L.  94-96 Fleetwoods did though.  Not sure on the others you mentioned. 

Like your wife, enjoy driving a V8.  Here is a pic of the latest toy, a $3K 30,000 mile one owner 1991 4.9L Deville.  Best driving car I have ever owned.  It's like a V8 with a leather sofa. hahaha.  A lot of interior room for a big guy.  Will be a sad day when I sell it for something else.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    Sorry, meant the Fleetwoods. My SS only has 53K on it and has been babied its whole life. Its been a show car for the past 15 years and has won some National Impala SS awards.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Focker
    edited April 2014
    Options

Very nice!!  It hurts to see some of those SSs trashed, or someone cloning a caprice as one on CL.

Try to catch up with my dad at shows throughout the year.  When time and budget allow, a muscle car will be in my future.  For now, I play with some good low end torque until about 50mph, then the 4000lb slab kicks in....keeps me out of trouble. hahaha

Nice talkin' with ya.

Brandon
    Quad Cities