Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thinking of a scratch pizza?

Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,896
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
Think no more. Just DO IT! This will show you the way. There are a zillion links here - more ways than you thought possible. Plenty of inspiration!!

How to shape a dough ball... 

How to shape the pizza... 

When I do mine in the egg, I use this setup. The temp changes depending on the style, but always... platesetter, legs down and something to raise the pizza stone about 4", then the stone.

If you haven't, give it a try. You'll be glad you did.
Michael 
Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
·

Comments

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,080
    I've been doing lots of pizzas since my first disaster. Last night: image
    image.jpg 763.9K
    NOLA
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,896
    We ALL had a first disaster!  :D
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    I love making homemade pies. I really want to learn how to do the one handed twirl like he did in the video. That would be awesome.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,842
    I can do a one handed twirl...I'm a master. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    Then there's that guy ^ =D>
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • dfrelichdfrelich Posts: 60
    edited April 2014
    We ALL had a first disaster!  :D
    And occasional small disasters.   :)
    Large BGE
    Frederick County, MD
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    henapple said:
    Nobody wants to see y'all dance man.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,978
    henapple said:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,842
    You go girl
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,896
    Well, I hope SOMEONE sees this thread and benefits from the info here. The rest of you can just call Domino's.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,485
    Carolina I know you have touted the 30 min rise scratch dough. I've done it before but here's tonights. 30 mins from scratch.very possible . let it rise while the egg gets to temp and settles.

imageimageimageimage
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Do you mind providing a link or the recipe for the 30 minute rise pizza dough?
    ·