Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Highlands Farm Lamb Special (Toronto Area Eggers)

TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
Highlands Farm is selling 1/2 and whole fresh Ontario spring lamb for 5.99/lb. I think I'll head by there on my way home and pick some up. Any of you other Toronto egger's ever bought lamb there?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,677
    edited April 2014
    John, the Dufferin and Rutherford locations are rebranded as Coppa's fresh market, I heard it was due to some sort of 'family split up'. The Coppa's flyer I'm looking at says $6.99/lb.
    Just saw the news about a fire in Aurora, did you shut down your egg properly last night? ;)
    canuckland
    ·
  • John, the Dufferin and Rutherford locations are rebranded as Coppa's fresh market, I heard it was due to some sort of 'family split up'. The Coppa's flyer I'm looking at says $6.99/lb.
    Just saw the news about a fire in Aurora, did you shut down your egg properly last night? ;)
    Mrs. TOTN just sent me a message about the Aurora fire... one of the old churches (not sure which one). Nothing to do with my egg.  :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Metro has 3.99 lb  lamb legs but I highly doubt its Ontario
    Toronto
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    I bought some at the Mississauga location a few weeks ago. It was $4.99. I was making lamb sausage and I happened to be in Vaughn a couple of days later so I stopped in there and it was $14.99. The lamb was excellent. I heard Metro has it for $3.99

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Metro's $3.99 lamb leg is NZ, also has prime rib $4.99.
    canuckland
    ·
  • Metro's $3.99 lamb leg is NZ, also has prime rib $4.99.
    Gary, I just called Coppa and, you're correct, 1/2 or whole Ontario spring lamb is 6.99/lb. Still seems like a good price to me. Highland Farms is 5.99/lb for the same thing but they're too far out of my way.
    LS, the Matheson/Hurontario store near you is 5.99

TOTN, show them their rival sibling's flyer and see if they'll match, you never know ...
    canuckland
    ·
  • LS, the Matheson/Hurontario store near you is 5.99

TOTN, show them their rival sibling's flyer and see if they'll match, you never know ...
    I spoke directly with the butcher counter and told them that the Highland Farms price was $1 less/lb. Did not seem to bother them. I do plan on asking again at the store.
    LS, the Matheson/Hurontario store near you is 5.99

Wish I had bought more.
    Gary, I am pretty sure the $4.99 was a mislabeling thing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited April 2014
    TOTN, take a printout, try a well dressed manager, last week I noticed several of them walking/checking around due to the restructuring.  Don't waste your time with the butcher or cashier.
    canuckland
    ·
  • Take a printout, try a well dressed manager, last week I noticed several of them walking/checking around due to the restructuring.  Don't waste your time with the butcher or cashier.
    I'll give it try!

image.jpg 841.3K

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2014

How are you cooking them John? Any photos?

Just s&p, direct @350 or so for a minute or two per side. Will post some pics on a seperate thread later
    Wow, I thought you were talking about leg. That is a great deal for Ontario lamb.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    oh that sounds like a great deal !!
    Toronto
    ·
  • As @Cannugghead noted above, the Dufferin location is now called Coppas (although the sign on the store and everything I was inside still says Highland Farms). I took the Highland Farms flyer in that advertised 5.99/lb but they would not let me have the lamb for that price; and in all fairness, the flyer did specify the Scarborough and Missisauga Highland Farm locations. I still though that 6.99/lb was a great price. Their prices for leg of lamb where 13.99/lb, shoulder 8.99/lb and rack of lamb 19.99/lb.
    John, look real good! You're right about the flyer is for the other two locations only, just thought they may match it as a customer goodwill gesture. In fact, I think the 'split' happened a while back because whenever I googled on HF flyer online it specifies just those two locations, although the same sales still applied at Duff. and Ruth. stores. I guess they're finally making the split officially and Coppa's now has its own flyers.
    canuckland
    ·