Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very off-Topic::::: Retirement is your friend.

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Left the middle of Texas a week ago going to San Francisco in Linda's new van. Got to LA and took a right and still going along the coast. Will be in Astoria, OR tonight. At some point must head home but the aim is to drive down the middle of Yellowstone. No Egg on this trip. imageimageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Looks great @Mickey! Take it all in. I'm sure you've earned it.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    You've already passed it, but if you wind up anywhere near Yosemite... It. Is. AWESOME!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey

You've already passed it, but if you wind up anywhere near Yosemite... It. Is. AWESOME!!!

On the way home go to Bozeman and drop down to Yellowstone.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Astoria is a really neat town. If you see my ex up there tell her hi.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I'm sure you;ll love Yellowstone, but you're missing a truly beautiful spot in Yosemite. Climbed Yosemite Falls once. Took me 4 hours to get to the top. And TWO HOURS to get back down!! I was one tired cowboy!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    See Mick, hadn't Leroy and I been trying to tell you it would be? Every day post retirement just gets better and better! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Glad ya'll are having fun. Helluva crab.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nice case of crabs ya got there.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Any chance of you adopting me?
    Southern Indiana
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Astoria - great little town, made famous by the movie Short Circuit, kids always loved it there. Enjoy!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited April 2014
    OK won't complain about my road trip from Seattle to Sacramento tomorrow. Looks like you've logged some miles. My little one is kicking me about Disneyland may add 6 hrs and make it at some point during the week.
    Look forward to.it in our TDI 44 mpg , first long road trip. The highlander hybrid only got me 24mpg on these trips, she's sitting this one out.
    Seattle, WA
  • Welcome to our part of the world.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291

Happy too see you are enjoying yourself. I think most of us can not wait for that day congrats.

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited April 2014
    @SkinnyV‌ ...toad trip? You licking frogs?

:((
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    SkinnyV said:
    OK won't complain about my road trip from Seattle to Sacramento tomorrow. Looks like you've logged some miles. My little one is kicking me about Disneyland may add 6 hrs and make it at some point during the week. Look forward to.it in our TDI 44 mpg , first long road trip. The highlander hybrid only got me 24mpg on these trips, she's sitting this one out.

New Sienna Van bought for traveling getting about 21.8. What gets me is the days where 200 miles is a big travel day up the coast roads.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Any chance of you adopting me?

Stand in line. After Travis, the waiting list is very long! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Beautiful Mick! I remember doing that drive...was easily one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever had. We stayed in Pacific Grove and just went everywhere from there!

Good to see you're enjoying your retirement! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Take me with you!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Those pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing. +1 on Yellowstone!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Pics look great.  I'm sure the trip is even better.  Congrats on retiring from a job and doing it right.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    @Mickey if you need an egg fix I am happy to cook for you while you are in Montana.  In the scheme of things for how far you are driving, I am about a 7 iron par 3 from Yellowstone.

On a side note, I sent you a PM recently.  Not sure if you got it-  Safe travels!
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    I'm seeing an untapped market out there for 'Egg-tels', where Eggers can 'stop and cook' while 'on the run'! 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Did you stop in Monterrey Mick? Beautiful place.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey

Spent the night in Carmel (pic with people dinning). Did the 17 mile drive with Pebble Beach and Cannery Row.

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Mickey said:

Spent the night in Carmel (pic with people dinning). Did the 17 mile drive with Pebble Beach and Cannery Row.
    We live just 45 minutes from there, over by Santa Cruz
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    The bay bridge is actually cool looking too, just finished this year.
  • Mickey
    allsid said:
    @Mickey if you need an egg fix I am happy to cook for you while you are in Montana.  In the scheme of things for how far you are driving, I am about a 7 iron par 3 from Yellowstone.

On a side note, I sent you a PM recently.  Not sure if you got it-  Safe travels!

I hate message! Sorry, went and found it. I will be calling for driving advice A retired Dallas Cowboy and good friend played his high school ball in Pendleton, OR and was a part the reason for the large loop trip after he told me they do this every couple of years. But out of here in a few days going the north direction over the range and drop down to Butte and Bozeman. Then into the North end of Yellowstone and drive the middle to Jackson Hole.

• Mickey
    BYS1981 said:
    The bay bridge is actually cool looking too, just finished this year.

Standing at the Ferry Market Building looking at the Bay Bridge. imageimage

• Mickey
    edited April 2014
    From our balcony at the Cannery Pier Hotel in Astoria where the Columba River goes into the Pacific. Bridge goes into Washington. Think we may stay here a few days. These big ships are passing this close to our room. Phone camera, this is up close and so cool. image